Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4.12 only for colder climes?

bozer

Jul 13, 2020
NJ
I have the update and noticed a new snowflake icon next to the battery this morning. It was 34 degrees outside and the icon went away and came back again at some point. Anyone know what that icon means? Maybe it thought it was going to snow, or maybe it considered the battery cold?

Random.Guy

Mar 11, 2021
Vancouver
I have the update and noticed a new snowflake icon next to the battery this morning. It was 34 degrees outside and the icon went away and came back again at some point. Anyone know what that icon means? Maybe it thought it was going to snow, or maybe it considered the battery cold?
1616172459408.png

• Helpful
Reactions: srlawren

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
No noticeable change for me after getting the 4.12 update. I drove up and down the local mountains (~55 deg outside) and I still got the limited regen warning.

pt19713

Feb 5, 2020
Delaware
I'll post my graphs and datalog hopefully later today. I was able to test on Sunday since it got down to 24F. I'm noticing the battery pack being 7F warmer than normal in the conditions I drove in, so roughly 13% improvement. Heat pump isn't scavenging as much from the battery.

• Informative
Reactions: HotIce and srlawren

mark95476

Jun 21, 2020
Bay Area CA
Update:

I think Tesla baked in additional fixed/enhancements into this update.

- I had autopark pop-up (parallel parking) while I was driving past some cars. I wasn't creeping particularly close to them so I was a surprised. I have a bike rack on the back so the rear sensors are always blocked. This has never happened before.

- There was one set of lights where AP failed regularly (~50%). It'd make me take over, or make a lot of little steering inputs, or a mix of both. I think following traffic through this intersection worked. AP worked perfectly this past weekend. I came up to the lights, got held up by a red, waited until it turned green, and drove through.

AP_Foothills_Arastradero.jpg

No noticeable change for me after getting the 4.12 update. I drove up and down the local mountains (~55 deg outside) and I still got the limited regen warning.

HotIce

Dec 18, 2020
MD

4.12 recalibrated regeneration. You get a bit more regeneration when the battery is cold but it's also not as strong under normal conditions.

Reactions: mark95476

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
I also got notified about 4.12 today, and downloaded it. I'm on Standard as well. Haven't look into the difference between Standard and Advanced for SW updates... @Random.Guy - I already had the snowflake icon appearing in the battery section before 4.12.

pt19713

Feb 5, 2020
Delaware
I posted a graph from the datalog in this thread. Great update for those in colder regions. It appears the update has fixed the battery pack heat scavenging.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC