TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

4/15 invites

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tebling, Apr 15, 2018.

1. tebling

tebling Member

I just received my invite email - on a Sunday! I had checked the website several times yesterday, so it definitely happened today.

Non-owner in the Seattle area, reserved 3/31 online as soon as the reservation system went up.

Thinking about holding off for AWD, but debating the value of doing so given that the Washington tax credit will likely be gone soon (not to mention the Federal credit).

• Like x 3
  2. UZJedi

UZJedi Member

Same here!

Non-owner
    Seattle area
    Reserved online on 3/31/16 around 7:40pm PST

I had refreshed several times today even within the last hour. Then I got the email less than 20 minutes ago and was able to configure. I ordered ASAP to maximize chances of getting that WA tax credit before it expires. I am over the moon excited right now. FINALLY!

• Like x 5
  3. ratsbew

ratsbew Active Member

All signs point to the ramp being very real.

• Like x 1
  4. TallGuy3

TallGuy3 Member

Me too! Non-Owner, Seattle, Day 1, Online, about 7:45PM.
    Ordering now...just can't decide on color--with 2 years to think about it and I still can't decide--they are all gorgeous!

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  5. CaptainAwesome

Hmm, must be Seattle thread. Same as the others here; Ordered online on Day 1 as soon as it opened up. Really thought about waiting for AWD but bit the bullet anyway. Now looking at places to get some PPF and tinting done.

• Like x 1
  6. tebling

tebling Member

#6 tebling, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Well, I held out for all of about 60 minutes before deciding AWD wasn't worth giving up the WA state incentive for! :D

Ordered Blue + Aero! It's already becoming obvious how the final wait for VIN and delivery date seems to take ages, even after 2+ years just to get this far!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. TallGuy3

TallGuy3 Member

Done! Red LR, EAP, Aero. Delivery says: “We will contact you to schedule.” Does that mean Elon completed my car already??

8. Trai14

Trai14 New Member

I am a MS owner sigened up in February and configured on 4/2. Vin popped up on 4/9
    Received call on Friday to pick up M3 on 4/28, M3 already in transit
    I am in Virginia, hear they are trying to get a lot of cars to east coast

9. Trai14

Trai14 New Member

Probably not,

10. tebling

tebling Member

The spreadsheet seems to confirm that all the 4/15 invites (seven of them so far) are WA state only.

11. Xavier9891

Xavier9891 New Member

What was your configuration?

12. MistaEV

MistaEV Member

What was the total tax, title and fees (minus the price of the car)? I am also in Virginia and am trying to get an idea of what my final price will be.

13. Grendal

Grendal SpaceX Moderator

I'm in New Mexico and got my e-mail today. If I had gone for all the currently available options I would have gotten the car in 4 to 6 weeks.

I checked my e-mail because of this thread. So thanks!

Day 1 - phone order reservation within 10 minutes or less of the phone lines opening - as my signature line says, I estimated that I was about 100K on the list.

Current plan is for base level everything except Red color.

• Like x 1
  14. fazluke

fazluke Member

No, that means that your second wait just started ;) ...I am half way through my 3-6 weeks

15. emadz89

emadz89 Member

So I reserved online on 3/31/16 and just noticed they never had my address on file (which is kind of weird). Would that delay me from getting an invite? Hoping for this coming week!

16. egggg

egggg Member

No invite for me yet. Reserved as soon as reservations opened on 3/31/16 in Bay Area but am in Orange County now.

17. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

I am now able to configure.

Non-owner
    Online reservation at 9:31 CST (first minute of online portal, prior to reveal event stream)
    Chicagoland area

18. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

No invite either. Los Angeles. Online reservation pre reveal.

19. baselsalam

baselsalam Member

Also Seattle area non-owner. Ordered after reveal about 9:40pm.

Got the email on Sunday 3pm ish.

I didnt know there's a $2.5k WA credit!

The tesla page says it's only for cars below $42k, but their like to wa dol says Model3 is OK. Do they mean $42k base price before upgrades

Vehicle Incentives

20. UZJedi

UZJedi Member

#20 UZJedi, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Yes, the car price restriction applies only to the base price. Model 3 qualifies regardless of how optioned it is.

Also, I believe the exemption can save you as much as $3200 depending on where you live in WA. Local sales tax rates vary.