Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery this evening at Highland Park service center just north of Chicago. It was sort of a batch delivery, I think 10 total. We all sat and had a workshop/Q&A for about 20-30 minutes. Having been on this forum for years, I knew everything they went over. Still fun to see newbies react to cool features & ask questions.

Then everyone went and found their cars. Pretty cool to have 10 3’s all in the delivery center. There was only 1 blue so it was easy to find mine. Lots of midnight silver. There were enough employees to still give the personal touch. I walked around and did my inspection uninterrupted. Found nothing wrong. A manager saw me (probably the only one meticulously inspecting), and assured me if I did find anything later on in better lighting, they’d take care of it. But seriously I saw zero flaws. Another associate came over & had me sign papers for a few minutes. Another associate came to help pair my phone & set up a profile. Took some pics & then I was off. Tropical depression Alberto was going through Chicago area so I got good use of the auto wipers right away. No issues! Love the acceleration, so much fun. Regenerative breaking is very cool. Going to take some getting used to, but I much prefer it. Barely touched the brake pedal.

Anyway, congrats to all taking delivery now or in the coming weeks. Like someone else recently mentioned, feels surreal after all of this wanting & waiting to have it on my garage right now...

I forgot to mention that I originally got the email pushing back my delivery till July. 4 days later, and after seeing a truckload of Model 3s on the freeway, I got a call telling me it would be ready in 2 days. There is no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

Hmm, interesting. When did you actually configure?

I'm ok waiting until July actually. My local center is a delivery center as well and it has a whole bunch of M3s in the locked back area. But they have quite a few S and X's as well. I wonder if they're all for service or not.

I have been given the option to have my M3 delivered to my home in Santa Fe, or to take delivery in Denver, about 400 miles away. I am told the latter is preferable so that features can be demonstrated and questions answered by knowledgeable people. Can anyone advise me if the SC pickup is worth the time and expense (house sitter, airline tickets, hotel, etc.)
I was offered similar option, which I will take, as I live in NH. My drive will be only 225 miles - and they will pay for the hotel and one way rental. This option is also 3 weeks less waiting than them are hiring 3rd party to drop off, so I am told.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
I did they said it would be delivered in June, but considering that is tomorrow and I have not heard anything it is just frustrating because it seems people in California with later config dates are getting a huge priority...I know I sound like a broken record, but 3-6 weeks becoming 8-10 weeks is a bit disingenuous.
I would call them and find out who your advisor is so you can make contact. I called yesterday, found out who my advisor was and that i had no Vin yet...I got the June email too but you configured before me and you should be priority. Did you do the shopping trick on your tesla login ? Call call call... i was only on hold for maybe 10 minutes and the guy who took my call was very nice.

I did they said it would be delivered in June, but considering that is tomorrow and I have not heard anything it is just frustrating because it seems people in California with later config dates are getting a huge priority...I know I sound like a broken record, but 3-6 weeks becoming 8-10 weeks is a bit disingenuous.

I've given up on trying to understand the priority algorithm, and for sanity I advise you do, too. I have to believe there are many factors, including rail & trucking routes, transportation time, tax incentives by state & country (in the case of Canada), options combinations and manufacturing, yadda yadda yadda.

I agree that it's frustrating. I configured & paid on 4/18 and have heard nothing, though I also received the "July" email so I don't expect to hear anything until (hopefully) the middle of June (please!). I just hit my 6 weeks of waiting mark. I've also seen plenty of people that ordered after me take delivery, even locally, while I don't even have a VIN. I'm not too bothered by it. (I will be if I don't take delivery in July!)

That said, this gives me more time to save and I rest on the words of others that have taken delivery -- that the worry and wait disappears once you get the car & drive it. I hope they're right ha. In the meantime, every week that passed also improves the odds of getting updates to the car.

Alright so my M3 arrived at my house this morning at 8:00am! The guy who delivered it was very friendly and super helpful and during the initial walk around everything was great (of course after 2 years and 2 months I was looking through my rose colored glasses)... so after he left I did a more thorough walk around and did find a scratch on the back passenger door, no bigger than dime size, and about a 3 inch paint drip on the front bumper along with 6 paint drops... despite the fact that it will have to be corrected, I am still in love and randomly go look into the garage at it staring back at me! :D

Attachments

• 20180531_112046.jpg
    20180531_112046.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20180531_110534.jpg
    20180531_110534.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20180531_105756_440.jpg
    IMG_20180531_105756_440.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180531_112000.jpg
    20180531_112000.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180531_111209.jpg
    20180531_111209.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 57

If it makes you feel better, I'm in CA and my e-mail says July.

If it makes you feel better, I'm in CA and my e-mail says July.

I'm almost at 6 weeks since configuring, will be taking delivery at Fremont, and my email says July too. No VIN, no contact, nothing but the July email. At this point I'm just assuming I'll be in the early July group due to the tax credit issues and if it comes any earlier I'll be pleasantly surprised! All they basically have to do is roll the car out of the factory to deliver to me! :eek:

I'm almost at 6 weeks since configuring, will be taking delivery at Fremont, and my email says July too. No VIN, no contact, nothing but the July email. At this point I'm just assuming I'll be in the early July group due to the tax credit issues and if it comes any earlier I'll be pleasantly surprised! All they basically have to do is roll the car out of the factory to deliver to me! :eek:
I guess I complained too soon. My VIN showed up in the Cart hack an hour ago. Called my ISA and she said she doesn't have a delivery date for me. 1-2 weeks for delivery she said...I am quite literally dying waiting for this bloody car.

Newbie here from Montreal, Canada. I have experienced the fastest order I believe in Canada

9 months from order till delivery!

September 2 2017 place reservation

May 1st Receive build Email

May 18 Place order - Model 3 Blue - Premium/Extended Range with Ehanced Autopilot

May 30 Receive call for Delivery June 4th which I had to defer to June 6th ( out of town )

How is that for quick? I ordered my charger on 26th and it won’t even get here before the car!

VIN 5YJ3XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Newbie here from Montreal, Canada. I have experienced the fastest order I believe in Canada

9 months from order till delivery!

September 2 2017 place reservation

May 1st Receive build Email

May 18 Place order - Model 3 Blue - Premium/Extended Range with Ehanced Autopilot

May 30 Receive call for Delivery June 4th which I had to defer to June 6th ( out of town )

How is that for quick? I ordered my charger on 26th and it won’t even get here before the car!

VIN 5YJ3XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hate you! :mad:

j/k :p