Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all folks who are deferring, are you selecting 'Hold my place' or not doing anything?

I did Hold My Place. It has options:
- what you're holding for (Base, AWD or deferred delivery), which I think is helpful for Tesla.
- preferred payment method and whether you'd be trading in.
- whether you need assistance for charger installation

I want Tesla to know I'm a relatively easy case. ;)

Last edited:
reserved pre-reveal, about 5 minutes before the website was scheduled to open.

just got the email few minutes ago inviting me to configure. non-owner.

what's the current thinking about the best place to get a loan? seems like leases are not part of tesla's plan for the 3?
I am planning on financing with Meriwest Credit Union out of San Jose. I have had my last three car loans through them. The whole process is easy and quick. I am going to double check their rates just to be sure they are competitive.

Got my invite via email (4/18), but logged into my account and still cant configure??

Reserved online on 4/1/16.
Got an email to place the order today but when I clicked on it , it doesn't show the configurator. Instead, it's still showing the reservation page. Does this happen to anyone else? Email sent to Tesla for more info.

Yes, same problem for me. Got my invite via email (4/18), but logged into my account and still cant configure.

Reserved online on 4/1/16.

• Helpful
Reactions: Juice13
I got the invite to configure as well but something is weird about my account.

3/31/2016 9PM PST: placed reservations online for 2 Model 3s
3/28/2018: picked up my new Model X
4/6/2018: got invite to configure for my 1st reservation.
4/13/2018: placed order for the 1st reservation.
4/18/2018: got another invite to configure

Problem is that my 2nd invite is still in pending mode and I can't configure yet so question is .. what gives ... why is Tesla messing with my head.

Looks like Tesla just fixed my issue, I can design my second M3 now.

New poster. Non owner, 1st day (3/31) reserved online during event. Received my invite yesterday 4/18 at 1:14pm PST, configured without any problems except the registration address defaulted to an old address from back in 2016, and no way to update or change it. Had to call Tesla (on hold for 25mins) and was told I can only change it when they call me to register the VIN. I ordered the red, aero, no EAP (I drive in crazy LA traffic where I wouldn't rely on auto lane changes etc. - but will prob end up adding it post delivery). FYI my sister who reserved online before me did not receive the configure invite but when I told her about mine she logged on and was able to configure. She configured hers in blue, 19in wheels, EAP. We are so excited!!!

Reactions: UZJedi
I am planning on financing with Meriwest Credit Union out of San Jose. I have had my last three car loans through them. The whole process is easy and quick. I am going to double check their rates just to be sure they are competitive.

i checked with techcu today and all they would do is match tesla's interest rate, though they do offer shorter terms than tesla's 72 months. then they told me even if i went with tesla the loan might be thru techcu anyway as they are a 'preferred lender' of tesla.

is Meriwest offering < 3.25% @ 72 mo?

also - i'm still negotiating with the wife about this purchase and starting to wonder if i'm going to lose my place in line if i don't order soon. anyone know how that works?

I thought I would call Tesla today to see if there's any possibility of getting a test drive in before making a decision. I tried three times and each time was greeted by "due to high call volumes we can not take your call at this time, please try again later". I know they probably just sent a bunch of invites out, but that's pretty bad that they didn't plan to have enough people in their call center to answer questions on Model 3 deliveries. There wasn't even an option to leave a message. It doesn't make me feel overly confident that Tesla's service is going to be great after delivery if they can't even answer their phones.