Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those 2 ~ 3 TX buyers who got contacted last week - which steps are you at now & do you have a set delivery date yet?

tl;dr Just waiting on a delivery date.

As of this past Friday morning, I have fully paid Tesla for my car (loan + bank transfer for remaining amount). This shows on my account as well. The only thing left is to schedule delivery. I was hoping to have that done last Friday as well, but my ISA was out sick. I have no clue if they have to push a button to get the car delivery started, or that happens automatically in the system once the car is paid for, and they are there to provide the actual delivery date.

The initial email said delivery would roughly be 10-14 days after they were paid. This is Tesla, so no idea how accurate that is. I'm hoping for something around the 4th so I can take some time off from work and get a long weekend with the car (which my wife made fun of me for, lol).

I had initial contact from Tesla ISA Ayana Band last Thursday. I was out of town but we have exchanged a couple of emails and phone calls. Provided her my pre-approval letter from Financial Partners Credit Union and my latest insurance card (as my previous one had expired during the wait). My earliest delivery date would be July 2nd but has not been scheduled yet. I want my wife is also registered on the car but she is out of town until July 8th. The email said that we both had to be there to accept delivery. Has anyone else had to deal with this situation? Will Tesla let me take delivery alone or do I need to wait for my wife to come home?

tl;dr Just waiting on a delivery date.

As of this past Friday morning, I have fully paid Tesla for my car (loan + bank transfer for remaining amount). This shows on my account as well. The only thing left is to schedule delivery. I was hoping to have that done last Friday as well, but my ISA was out sick. I have no clue if they have to push a button to get the car delivery started, or that happens automatically in the system once the car is paid for, and they are there to provide the actual delivery date.

The initial email said delivery would roughly be 10-14 days after they were paid. This is Tesla, so no idea how accurate that is. I'm hoping for something around the 4th so I can take some time off from work and get a long weekend with the car (which my wife made fun of me for, lol).

Same boat - car fully paid as of Friday and am waiting for a delivery date. Was hoping to see the "delivery date" in my account as a few others described before but no luck yet. My ISA made it sound like they almost have a date locked in for me when we chatted last week but no firm updates yet.

We probably gonna be the same batch to pick up lol.

Same boat - car fully paid as of Friday and am waiting for a delivery date. Was hoping to see the "delivery date" in my account as a few others described before but no luck yet. My ISA made it sound like they almost have a date locked in for me when we chatted last week but no firm updates yet.

We probably gonna be the same batch to pick up lol.

I'm in Austin, but we might be on the same truck. Our cars can be buds, briefly!

i tried calling Tesla and was told by the automated system that they could not take my call due to an unusually high call volume. Called back a second time and i'm on hold now listening to hold music. sucks that lots of July folks already have Vins and delivery dates and some are or have been in June....and yes! i'm whining! lol! :p

Update: 16 minutes on hold (not bad) and was told there is no Vin assigned to me and nothing to report BUT I should have it soon...apparently the guy who took my call said that they made a lot of progress over the weekend processing configurations.

With 5 days or less to go till the end of June and I am traveling three out of the five days....its gonna have to be a July delivery...Happy Birthday to ME!:rolleyes::mad::D:eek::p:confused::(:) So many emotions!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: sundaymorning
i tried calling Tesla and was told by the automated system that they could not take my call due to an unusually high call volume. Called back a second time and i'm on hold now listening to hold music. sucks that lots of July folks already have Vins and delivery dates and some are or have been in June....and yes! i'm whining! lol! :p

Update: 16 minutes on hold (not bad) and was told there is no Vin assigned to me and nothing to report BUT I should have it soon...apparently the guy who took my call said that they made a lot of progress over the weekend processing configurations.

With 5 days or less to go till the end of June and I am traveling three out of the five days....its gonna have to be a July delivery...Happy Birthday to ME!:rolleyes::mad::D:eek::p:confused::(:) So many emotions!

Let's show up to the factory or the corporate office and give them a piece of our mind. I am absolutely serious. When's a good time and day for you? I'm ready to explode on these guys. I called a few times. They tell me the same thing. "No VIN yet" and "You're still set for June delivery" MFin BS! 5 days away, come on be realistic.
If we're not getting our damn cars until July at least be MFin honest.
You have all this time to create a lousy MKin flamethrower, give updates on other BS but not show an ounce of customer support to those who are dishing out nearly $60K.

If I do not hear from these guys by July I am putting in my cancelation.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Waiting4M3
Let's show up to the factory or the corporate office and give them a piece of out mind. I am absolutely serious. When's a good time and day for you? I'm ready to explode on these guys. I called a few times. They tell me the same thing. "No VIN yet" and "You're still set for June delivery" MFin BS! 5 days away, come on be realistic.
You have all this time to create a lousy MKin flamethrower, give updates on other BS but not show an ounce of customer support to those who are dishing out nearly $60K.

Look, i totally understand. I would love to go tomorrow but not sure it would solve anything. I called today because my anxiety is through the roof waiting for any kind of communication and tired of checking my email, phone and mytesla account...even a smoke signal would be nice but i'm not cancelling my order. I've waited to damn long for this vehicle and i'm not giving up just very frustrated, like you! :) If anything, maybe we can go and bring them donuts or a pizza to encourage them to show us some LOVE (in the form of a VIN/EMAIL/PHONE CALL, SOMETHING!) :D

Let's show up to the factory or the corporate office and give them a piece of out mind. I am absolutely serious. When's a good time and day for you? I'm ready to explode on these guys. I called a few times. They tell me the same thing. "No VIN yet" and "You're still set for June delivery" MFin BS! 5 days away, come on be realistic.

Yes with a 4/19 config I would have thought you would have received yours by now.
You will probably get your VIN this week with delivery early next. Luckily you are close to the factory. Us further away have to wait significantly longer for delivery even though we may have our VINs before. I believe that they have indeed staged it this way for end of 2Q.
Some VINs assigned today that are on the west coast have been receiving June delivery. Seems to discount the theory they are hoarding vehicles to stay under 200k IMO. So there is still hope!

Let's show up to the factory or the corporate office and give them a piece of our mind. I am absolutely serious. When's a good time and day for you? I'm ready to explode on these guys. I called a few times. They tell me the same thing. "No VIN yet" and "You're still set for June delivery" MFin BS! 5 days away, come on be realistic.

The ISA team is located at Las Vegas though....just FYI

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Reservation 3/31 on line during Elon's presentation
Invite 4/18.
Config 5/24
No june/july pushback email
First contact from ISA June 22
Scheduled Delivery July 14.
VIN: 34XXX
I could have picked it up July 5th, but work and travel keep me from getting it until July 14.
Red/Aero Wheels/PUP/

For all you waiting, hang in there, all the pain of waiting goes away as soon as that date is finalized! Kind of like finally turning 21 and being able to finally order drink...I am getting the champagne ready!

• Funny
Reactions: Quickstart88
I had initial contact from Tesla ISA Ayana Band last Thursday. I was out of town but we have exchanged a couple of emails and phone calls. Provided her my pre-approval letter from Financial Partners Credit Union and my latest insurance card (as my previous one had expired during the wait). My earliest delivery date would be July 2nd but has not been scheduled yet. I want my wife is also registered on the car but she is out of town until July 8th. The email said that we both had to be there to accept delivery. Has anyone else had to deal with this situation? Will Tesla let me take delivery alone or do I need to wait for my wife to come home?

In case anyone is interested, they will not deliver if all registrants are not present. I was easily able to take my wife off and we will add her back on later. She was okay as long as we got a picture with the car at the SC later with both of us. Delivery is scheduled for Saturday at 9 AM at Costa Mesa. VIN is 30xxx.

npatel1189, MissyMcBee - I'm rooting for you to get contacted soon. I think Bay Area folks are going last in line as they are close by but we are getting very close to the end of June here.