Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i checked with techcu today and all they would do is match tesla's interest rate, though they do offer shorter terms than tesla's 72 months. then they told me even if i went with tesla the loan might be thru techcu anyway as they are a 'preferred lender' of tesla.

is Meriwest offering < 3.25% @ 72 mo?

also - i'm still negotiating with the wife about this purchase and starting to wonder if i'm going to lose my place in line if i don't order soon. anyone know how that works?
Rates recently went up. They are now 3.74% for 72 months at Meriwest. What are the rates with Tesla?

Made reservation 3/11/2018
Purchased Model X from private party 3/24/2018
Transferred Tesla account to me on 4/17
Received invite 4/19/2018

I know Tesla owners get priority but 1. I thought that went away; and 2. I'm really surprised I was bumped up that quickly.

Reactions: xcat
New member. Just ordered mine last night after getting email on April 18. Seems odd to order a car online that I have never driven, but I guess that's what we do now. I'm in the LA area. My office is across the street from the Alla St. delivery location, so we have been watching Model 3's arrive on the 90 Freeway for weeks. I guess at some point I get to walk across the street and get mine.

Reactions: trentbridge
I thought I would call Tesla today to see if there's any possibility of getting a test drive in before making a decision. I tried three times and each time was greeted by "due to high call volumes we can not take your call at this time, please try again later". I know they probably just sent a bunch of invites out, but that's pretty bad that they didn't plan to have enough people in their call center to answer questions on Model 3 deliveries. There wasn't even an option to leave a message. It doesn't make me feel overly confident that Tesla's service is going to be great after delivery if they can't even answer their phones.

Same thing for phone lines today. It’s like calling the state EDD. Just hangs up on you.

Made reservation 3/11/2018
Purchased Model X from private party 3/24/2018
Transferred Tesla account to me on 4/17
Received invite 4/19/2018

I know Tesla owners get priority but 1. I thought that went away; and 2. I'm really surprised I was bumped up that quickly.
Reading this forum might have given you that impression but I was told by Tesla staff many months ago that the priority had no time limit. Obviously that policy has resulted in a lot of whining and speculation that Tesla would surely limit the policy.

also - i'm still negotiating with the wife about this purchase and starting to wonder if i'm going to lose my place in line if i don't order soon. anyone know how that works?

You won't technically "lose your place in line", you can wait indefinitely to order. However, the longer you wait, the more likely the delivery wait will be longer, even with Tesla's increased production rate.

seems to be 3.25% but that's just from the m3 configuration 'checkout' page. god knows if they really honor that rate or if there are random fees and/or loan discounts that jack up the rate.

Here is an actual lending offer from Tesla
LENDER

Chase

CONFIGURATION PRICE

$58,000

MAXIMUM AMOUNT TO FINANCE

$52,200

MAXIMUM TERM MONTHS

CONTRACT RATE

3.19%

APPROXIMATE MONTHLY PAYMENT

$798

Anyone know the typical time frame from configuring to receiving VIN etc...? My order shows financing as pendin since I plan to finance through Tesla. Is this a mistake? Should I just get my own financing?

It took about 4 days from order to VIN for my silver m3 with aero wheels to show up. You can still change your payment method if you have just placed your order. Check out the credit unions near you and the M3 finance thread for CU with good rates.

I got the invite as well but I’ll be on vacation for 3 weeks. What would happen if I configure now and the car is built and ready for delivery before I come back?
They will hold it for up to 7 days (they might hold it longer, but busy service centers may bump you to the next model with you specs that comes in)

I configured 4/1, got my VIN 4/7. After finalizing everything my OA told me it's already at the service center and can be picked up the 19th. They are holding it until the 26th since I'm on vacation.

They will hold it for up to 7 days (they might hold it longer, but busy service centers may bump you to the next model with you specs that comes in)

I configured 4/1, got my VIN 4/7. After finalizing everything my OA told me it's already at the service center and can be picked up the 19th. They are holding it until the 26th since I'm on vacation.

Thanks that helps a lot!

I thought I would call Tesla today to see if there's any possibility of getting a test drive in before making a decision. I tried three times and each time was greeted by "due to high call volumes we can not take your call at this time, please try again later". I know they probably just sent a bunch of invites out, but that's pretty bad that they didn't plan to have enough people in their call center to answer questions on Model 3 deliveries. There wasn't even an option to leave a message. It doesn't make me feel overly confident that Tesla's service is going to be great after delivery if they can't even answer their phones.

I don’t think you’ll have much luck trying to negotiate a test drive with Tesla. I’d recommend using Turo; I rented a Model 3 in late February here in Arizona for three days, Friday through Sunday, to get a feel for how the vehicle handles rush hour traffic on Friday and how it handles on short road trips over the weekend. The money was definitely worth it for the piece of mind the experience offered prior to putting up $60k on a vehicle you haven’t driven.

Order placed 3/31, online, pre-reveal and was invited to configure on 4/18, which I promptly did.

MSM, 19” Sport Wheels, PUP, EAP, selected option to evaluate trade in and look at financing through Tesla (though I’ve found credit unions that appear to offer better rates so I may go that route.)