Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member. Just ordered mine last night after getting email on April 18. Seems odd to order a car online that I have never driven, but I guess that's what we do now. I'm in the LA area. My office is across the street from the Alla St. delivery location, so we have been watching Model 3's arrive on the 90 Freeway for weeks. I guess at some point I get to walk across the street and get mine.
I was fortunate enough to get the chance to test drive a 3 last month at an EV event hosted by the Cities of Glendale, Burbank & Pasadena. Had to wait 3 hours for my turn but it was soo worth it! In one word, it was AMAZING.

I was fortunate enough to get the chance to test drive a 3 last month at an EV event hosted by the Cities of Glendale, Burbank & Pasadena. Had to wait 3 hours for my turn but it was soo worth it! In one word, it was AMAZING.

Good to hear. I am stupid excited by the whole thing. My wife is enjoying the spectacle of me continually checking email for updates.

• Funny
Reactions: RenMan68 and GigiM3
No but have driven an S numerous times. IMHO the 3 is sportier & nimbler & more fun to drive than the S, and the other Tesla owners who were at the event agreed

Thanks, I keep going back and forth on this. I have the X and I absolutely love to drive. I think I'll be the same way with the 3 but it just makes me nervous to buy a vehicle without having ever driven one like it.

Okay finally decided and ordered tonight - Blue with 18” aero wheels and EAP.
Congratulations! I'm still sitting on the fence. My initial choice is also 18" Aeros and EAP but Midnight Silver Metallic. Have clicked on Hold My Place for now. If I can remain strong and not give in to temptation, I'm going to try waiting long enough to know when the 200K limit is reached and/or get cost for AWD.

Congratulations! I'm still sitting on the fence. My initial choice is also 18" Aeros and EAP but Midnight Silver Metallic. Have clicked on Hold My Place for now. If I can remain strong and not give in to temptation, I'm going to try waiting long enough to know when the 200K limit is reached and/or get cost for AWD.
Wise to wait if you are undecided. You are shelling out over $60K for that configuration (including tax and registration). My wife wanted MSM but I really wanted Blue and I’ll be driving the car more so we got blue. She has a similar gray inher Acura MDX anyway and got to pick the color for our last three cars - black.

I think AWD should be announced at the beginning of Q3 and hopefully you will have an idea of when you come up in line for that delivery. You can make your choice then.

@GigiM3, you (and I) went with the cheaper aero wheels. We're in for a 2-3 week wait from configuration to VIN. For people that paid the premium of the sport wheels, they seem to only need to wait a couple days for their VIN. This is clearly shown in the configuration spreadsheet here and the newly created charts summary at Model 3 Charts. For people that purchased aero wheels, Tesla is just now finishing up the last of the orders from March.