Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GigiM3, you (and I) went with the cheaper aero wheels. We're in for a 2-3 week wait from configuration to VIN. For people that paid the premium of the sport wheels, they seem to only need to wait a couple days for their VIN. This is clearly shown in the configuration spreadsheet here and the newly created charts summary at Model 3 Charts. For people that purchased aero wheels, Tesla is just now finishing up the last of the orders from March.
Actually my sister who also reserved online 3/31 & also invited & configured on 4/18 did get the 19” sport wheels and also EAP - and she still doesn’t have a VIN either (ordered in blue). Checked the chart just now and there’s only one vin from 4/18. So I don’t think it’s just the wheels. And she’s up in NorCal where tons of 3’s are already on the road.

Actually my sister who also reserved online 3/31 & also invited & configured on 4/18 did get the 19” sport wheels and also EAP - and she still doesn’t have a VIN either (ordered in blue). Checked the chart just now and there’s only one vin from 4/18. So I don’t think it’s just the wheels. And she’s up in NorCal where tons of 3’s are already on the road.
I ordered the same config as your sister in Northern California, no vin either. I am sure we are a week or two away from getting a vin.

I am currently working on getting insurance rates. So far rates aren't terrible. AAA and Ameriprise are the lowest.

AAA is $1094 annually (For Tesla only), I think $1800 total including my Explorer 100/300/100
Ameriprise Not sure what the Tesla is by itself was quoted $1704.50 annually for both vehicles 100/300/100
Farmers -Still need to talk to the agent in detail Tesla by itself 1829.40 annually 250/500/250

I have to factor in all my insurance and so far AAA and Farmers are way cheaper. Ameriprise quoted my $3300 for homeowners. I have only had one ticket in my life 26 years ago and no accidents ever. All my vehicles are parked in the garage nightly.

Man only one vin assigned from 4/18 invites?

How will they meet the 3-6 week for delivery time frame?