Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April 18 configure on same day as invite. No VIN yet but email says June. If it runs into July, I'll be 3k miles away and will not be able to take delivery until August. It may even go longer than that since the purchase agreement says they may give my car to someone else is I can't pick it up within a week of them notifying me it's ready. A real bummer if I don't get it in June and get pushed further back after configuring so long ago.

Invitation 4/18/18
Configured 4/18/18
Received VIN 5/22/18
Took delivery in Costa Mesa today 5/31 (delivery 1 day before June!)

Silver Metallic | 19" Sport Rims | Long Range | PUP

Delivery experience was great. Waited only about 10 mins before my rep came out to have me sign the paperwork and then walk me to the car. I got the basic setup and walkthrough of the car, then I thoroughly reviewed the car and didn't find any issues - the paint and panel gaps looked really great! I was in and out in about 45 minutes.

The Model 3 drives so great - satisfying acceleration, fantastic steering response and surprisingly flat handling. Really happy so far! I'm glad I got silver with the 19" wheels - photo below with the super friendly delivery rep.

IMG_1233.JPG

April 18 configure on same day as invite. No VIN yet but email says June. If it runs into July, I'll be 3k miles away and will not be able to take delivery until August. It may even go longer than that since the purchase agreement says they may give my car to someone else is I can't pick it up within a week of them notifying me it's ready. A real bummer if I don't get it in June and get pushed further back after configuring so long ago.
Man, I would be tying to call and escalate (I forget what it's called exactly) if I was in that situation. I hope it all works out for you. That would be a total bummer to have to miss out based on your timeline.

Man, I would be tying to call and escalate (I forget what it's called exactly) if I was in that situation. I hope it all works out for you. That would be a total bummer to have to miss out based on your timeline.
I've called 3 times but without a VIN or a DS assigned to me, there's not much a phone call can do either. I even tried calling the delivery center that will probably be handling my car but only voice mail without a return call. I tried emailing Tesla support but no response and the email for the delivery center is returned as I'm not on the authorized email list.

I've called 3 times but without a VIN or a DS assigned to me, there's not much a phone call can do either. I even tried calling the delivery center that will probably be handling my car but only voice mail without a return call. I tried emailing Tesla support but no response and the email for the delivery center is returned as I'm not on the authorized email list.
Who knows if it would help, but I would try going into the delivery center in person. Ask to talk to a supervisor and explain the situation.

What's the Cart hack? I'm actually quite fine with July. Wonder how long they'll let me delay delivery?

Go to the Tesla Store, add a HPWC (or adapter) to your cart and go to the check out page. At the checkout page, it will have a drop down menu under the HPWC asking if the purchase is for your car or as a gift. For your car you will either see your reservation number or "M3 - xxxxxx." If you see the M3 number, that is the last six digits of your VIN. If you still see your RN, they have not assigned a VIN to you yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: gambit48
I Picked up my 3 this morning. There was bits of glue and protective plastic on the car. They cleaned it up, not to my standards but
Good enough.

Only eventful issue was the major accident on 880 going to the Fremont delivery center. We took the train to Fremont and Ubered over to the delivery center. Our Uber driver was not adept enough to seek an alternate path. I am very happy with the car. The train arrived 50 minutes before our appointment. We showed up exactly on time.

The delivery process was a bit hurried and the deliver center was slammed.

29C8FDA7-F796-4D7F-92D8-71ECB4443C2E.jpeg

I Picked up my 3 this morning. There was bits of glue and protective plastic on the car. They cleaned it up, not to my standards but
Good enough.

Only eventful issue was the major accident on 880 going to the Fremont delivery center. We took the train to Fremont and Ubered over to the delivery center. Our Uber driver was not adept enough to seek an alternate path. I am very happy with the car. The train arrived 50 minutes before our appointment. We showed up exactly on time.

View attachment 306291
Congrats @devilmountain! I’m expecting my Blue/Sport in the same VIN range as yours at the end of this week. Any other build quality issues you noticed? I bet they rolled off the line the same day. Enjoy!

Good enough.

View attachment 306291
Car is gorgeous. I. Can’t wait for my deep blue to arrive.

Congrats @devilmountain! I’m expecting my Blue/Sport in the same VIN range as yours at the end of this week. Any other build quality issues you noticed? I bet they rolled off the line the same day. Enjoy!

We haven't noticed any build qualities. The A pillar interior trim is perfect, no fingerprints or smudges anywhere. My wife is very particular and she went over the car carefully while I was given the run down how to operate the car. We just noticed a lot of excess glue which they cleaned up. The car was manufactured 05/18 according to the sticker. The picture on this forum doesn't do the car justice, it looks washed out compared to the original. The wait is long but so worth it!

Car is gorgeous. I. Can’t wait for my deep blue to arrive.

It really is, like I said earlier the forum sort of washes out the color of this car. I can't wait to see what it looks like when I tint the windows on Friday!