Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We haven't noticed any build qualities. The A pillar interior trim is perfect, no fingerprints or smudges anywhere. My wife is very particular and she went over the car carefully while I was given the run down how to operate the car. We just noticed a lot of excess glue which they cleaned up. The car was manufactured 05/18 according to the sticker. The picture on this forum doesn't do the car justice, it looks washed out compared to the original. The wait is long but so worth it!
Awesome, thanks! Psyched to be receiving the identical twin of yours on Friday!

Awesome, thanks! Psyched to be receiving the identical twin of yours on Friday!
It's worth the wait. I know I read that so many times and its hard to understand until you get it. I could have picked it up on May 29th but couldn't get to the delivery center until the 3rd. It was a painfully slow week.

If you can try to take a long drive in your new car. I had to finish a research paper yesterday and I was unable to drive my new car around. It was not very satisfying and I am stuck at work all day today. My wife liked the car so much she is thinking about potentially get a standard range in a couple of years.

It's worth the wait. I know I read that so many times and its hard to understand until you get it. I could have picked it up on May 29th but couldn't get to the delivery center until the 3rd. It was a painfully slow week.

If you can try to take a long drive in your new car. I had to finish a research paper yesterday and I was unable to drive my new car around. It was not very satisfying and I am stuck at work all day today. My wife liked the car so much she is thinking about potentially get a standard range in a couple of years.
Oh, I’ve got a circum-Chesapeake Bay shakedown cruise planned for this weekend, followed by a Boston roadtrip next week! Timing works great with nothing but time off for me after delivery. This week is just creeping along though. Is it still Monday? Ugh. Enjoy your car, go get some miles on it!

Reactions: devilmountain
I picked up mine on Wednesday and Saturday drove to Cape Cod. It's been fun. Hit a supercharger in RI which was defective and kept kicking me off. Spoke with another owner there that said they were having issues in 2 other stalls so I tried their stall after they left and charged up there but at half speed. Got a few random error messages when I was just sitting in the car, it suddenly said cannot charge contact service and the a second later that message was gone.

I picked up mine on Wednesday and Saturday drove to Cape Cod. It's been fun. Hit a supercharger in RI which was defective and kept kicking me off. Spoke with another owner there that said they were having issues in 2 other stalls so I tried their stall after they left and charged up there but at half speed. Got a few random error messages when I was just sitting in the car, it suddenly said cannot charge contact service and the a second later that message was gone.
@vadimr, which SC specifically did you have problems with? I know there are two different locations in Milford alone. Need to avoid it next week on my trip!

Dammit that's my local supercharger that I plan on using in the future. I hope they fix this before I start using it.

I will be charging at home on a regular basis already have everything ready to go just no car :(. But I do plan on visiting that charger since it's 5 minutes from my work. Mostly just to try it out basically.

Given RI is like NJ for price of charging is per minute. I recommend you only go when you are below 30-40% because it charges $0.24/minute when charging above 60kw and $0.12 when below. BUT. Yesterday I got like 10 minutes at 120kw so it was great but rest was at 67kw so it really sucked. I was paying the $0.24 rate but getting half of what the previous defective stall was offering. I think it has to do with both supercharger issues and the car was already like at 65% and therefore it did not go to full speed.

It would be very useful if people posted that they got their VIN that they also post whether they received the "June" or "July" email.

It'll be 8 weeks waiting for a VIN tomorrow, and I received the dreaded July email. I've heard a few cases of "July" email people getting their cars but .. I'm losing hope of receiving my car before, say, middle of July.