Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After much waiting I finally have ISA contact!

Non-owner Reserved Online 03/31/16
Invited 04/18/18
Configured 04/19/18 Blue-Aero
July Delay Email
ISA contact 06/15/18
No VIN

What did your ISA communicated on 6/15? Have you heard anything else since then? Curious as I'm in TX as well and got an email to update financing and trade-in the same day from ISA.

What did your ISA communicated on 6/15? Have you heard anything else since then? Curious as I'm in TX as well and got an email to update financing and trade-in the same day from ISA.

My ISA (Alisha) said that she was ready to prepare the paperwork for my model 3 delivery. She asked me to confirm trade in and financing details. She said 14 days from paid-in-full to ship to Cedar Springs Road. I replied same day and asked a few questions like what is the earliest possible delivery date.

I have not heard anything back yet.

Invited 04/18/18
Configured 04/19/18 MSM aero
June Delay Email
No VIN

Tried calling Tesla and went straight to disconnect message, not even an option to leave a callback. It’s 6/18 and we’re on week 9, still no VIN. I’m disappointed with their PR and at this point am starting to question if this is all a big sham. Terrible customer service, broken promises, plethora of quality issues, questionable management. Honestly I’m not sure why so many people are still praising Musk. If there is an option to cancel and get my $3500 refunded I would actually welcome that.

Reactions: npatel1189
Invited 04/18/18
June Delay Email
No VIN

Tried calling Tesla and went straight to disconnect message, not even an option to leave a callback. It’s 6/18 and we’re on week 9, still no VIN. I’m disappointed with their PR and at this point am starting to question if this is all a big sham. Terrible customer service, broken promises, plethora of quality issues, questionable management. Honestly I’m not sure why so many people are still praising Musk. If there is an option to cancel and get my $3500 refunded I would actually welcome that.
Totally feel ya man. This *sugar* is getting ridiculous. I'm in the same boat. No contact from Tesla whatsoever .

Invited 04/18/18
June Delay Email
No VIN

Contact your lawyer. There might be a way out.

My reservation story so far is in my .sig. My take on the 3-6 week delivery time I'm being quoted is that it will probably be more like two months. Why? I'm guessing (hoping, really) that Tesla is delaying deliveries to US customers as much as possible in order to avoid selling the 200,000 vehicle this quarter. In a little more than two weeks we'll find out if the taps at the factory will be turned on full blast. If this is true, the bad thing that I can see is that the delivery experience will probably suffer (more) due to increased activity.

My ISA (Alisha) said that she was ready to prepare the paperwork for my model 3 delivery. She asked me to confirm trade in and financing details. She said 14 days from paid-in-full to ship to Cedar Springs Road. I replied same day and asked a few questions like what is the earliest possible delivery date.

I have not heard anything back yet.
Be sure you get a new, high VIN. I keep a close eye on the Cedar Springs lot and they have had several cars come in and sit for weeks. One was rejected for body damage and then repaired. Not sure if sold. Another had a sticker that said something like front failed. Another one has been there for over a month and not sure why. PM me if you want VIN details.

Be sure you get a new, high VIN. I keep a close eye on the Cedar Springs lot and they have had several cars come in and sit for weeks. One was rejected for body damage and then repaired. Not sure if sold. Another had a sticker that said something like front failed. Another one has been there for over a month and not sure why. PM me if you want VIN details.

So I got an email from an ISA regarding payment and trade in info, also, was told that I need to pick my car up in Dallas- Cedar Springs, I live in Houston, is this normal? I did not move recently. Will asking the ISA to change my delivery location further delay my delivery?

So I got an email from an ISA regarding payment and trade in info, also, was told that I need to pick my car up in Dallas- Cedar Springs, I live in Houston, is this normal? I did not move recently. Will asking the ISA to change my delivery location further delay my delivery?

Interesting! Given that at least myself and the other person all were told in the past couple of days to finalize paperwork and prepare to pick up at Cedar Springs, maybe they're coordinating a shippment to Dallas recently?

This doesnt make any sense. Are you sure you chose the HTX delivery center when you configured? I would double check. I suspect this is a misunderstanding.
I just scheduled delivery yesterday and did not have to deal with that. Driving to Dallas from Houston and back just to get the car would suck (no offense Dallas :D )

This doesnt make any sense. Are you sure you chose the HTX delivery center when you configured? I would double check. I suspect this is a misunderstanding.
I just scheduled delivery yesterday and did not have to deal with that. Driving to Dallas from Houston and back just to get the car would suck (no offense Dallas :D )
Is there a place to configure delivery center when you configured? I don't recall. I do have my correct mailing address and contact info.

Edit: apparently there is a way, I can't remember if I did configure or not :oops: I hope they can change it to Houston

Last edited:
Just wondering where you are picking up your car on monday: in Reno?
I am in Reno also, and still waiting for my VIN. Configured on 4/18.
Sorry I'm just responding. I ended up picking it up in Rocklin, CA. They reassured me that by signing a notarized doc that they could complete the Nevada DMV process for me so I'm still waiting to see how that all works out. There was another guy from Sparks that was picking up his Model 3 when we were there. Good luck on getting your car soon and hope to see you around town! Fantastic car!

Last edited:
Is there a place to configure delivery center when you configured? I don't recall. I do have my correct mailing address and contact info.
Yes there was. In fact, it even had a delivery center selected by default for me. I bet the Dallas center was selected and you didnt notice (too excited). If you have not already tried to move it, might be worth a shot.