Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes there was. In fact, it even had a delivery center selected by default for me. I bet the Dallas center was selected and you didnt notice (too excited). If you have not already tried to move it, might be worth a shot.
I went back to my old email where Tesla told me to select a delivery center, the link doesn't seem to work anymore, maybe I'll check with my ISA. Ugh I bet I was too excited to order and didn't see that option.

I went back to my old email where Tesla told me to select a delivery center, the link doesn't seem to work anymore, maybe I'll check with my ISA. Ugh I bet I was too excited to order and didn't see that option.

I would think they can change it. If you have not paid yet, they have not shipped it yet...

Be sure you get a new, high VIN. I keep a close eye on the Cedar Springs lot and they have had several cars come in and sit for weeks. One was rejected for body damage and then repaired. Not sure if sold. Another had a sticker that said something like front failed. Another one has been there for over a month and not sure why. PM me if you want VIN details.

ISA just emailed and asked for a clarification on the tradein. She also indicated that the VIN has been assigned, but didn't tell me what it was. So I directly asked... I will PM you once I get it, thanks for looking out!

If you are in Texas your VIN is on the purchase order you review before you pay.

So I guess Texans may be the only ones who still get their VIN prior to 7 days before delivery due to the fact we must fully pay before shipment.

Hope they ship mine/ours out ASAP. Really hoping for an early delivery after prompt payment. They allegedly use independent transportation, don't know how that would factor into things. Might be a good thing or a bad thing.

Sorry I'm just responding. I ended up picking it up in Rocklin, CA. They reassured me that by signing a notarized doc that they could complete the Nevada DMV process for me so I'm still waiting to see how that all works out. There was another guy from Sparks that was picking up his Model 3 when we were there. Good luck on getting your car soon and hope to see you around town! Fantastic car!
Thanks for the answer. So does it seem to indicate that there is no Delivery Center in Reno?
Did your ISA suggest Rocklin, or was it your choice? (excuse for a road trip?)
it's nice that they can take care of the Nevada paperwork. Red, aero.

Finally took delivery yesterday 6/19 in NYC. Car was in the body shop for 3 weeks to repaint the rear bumper (Pearl White). Invited and configured 4/18 with original delivery date 5/29. Repainted bumper looks great, although I never saw how it looked before. No issues with delivery and car so far, except charge port is not entirely flush. Drove around aimlessly last night for an hour, its incredibly fun to drive! Hope everyone gets theirs soon!

Thanks for the answer. So does it seem to indicate that there is no Delivery Center in Reno?
Did your ISA suggest Rocklin, or was it your choice? (excuse for a road trip?)
it's nice that they can take care of the Nevada paperwork. Red, aero.
I was so concerned about the possibility of double taxation on the $56k that I offered to take deliver in Las Vegas since there isn't a delivery center in Reno. Figured if it would save me from that, it would be worth it to fly down one way and drive back after taking delivery. The other option would possibly be home delivery but that would have delayed deliver for me and another Reno owner told me they not only were delayed 3-4 weeks for the home delivery but weren't notified until the day of the delivery that it would be in 3 hours. Since I have a trip planned in July that will last a month, the home deliver didn't seem to be my best option and they never offered it anyway. Rocklin is the closest delivery center to Reno so I hope it works out for you and I'm yet to see how the tax works out since I'm still waiting on the DMV to send me anything.

Last edited:
I was so concerned about the possibility of double taxation on the $56k that I offered to take deliver in Las Vegas since there isn't a delivery center in Reno. Figured if it would save me from that, it would be worth it to fly down one way and drive back after taking delivery. The other option would possibly be home delivery but that would have delayed deliver for me and another Reno owner told me they not only were delayed 3-4 weeks for the home delivery but weren't notified until the day of the delivery that it would be in 3 hours. Since I have a trip planned in July that will last a month, the home deliver didn'eseem to be my best option and they never offered it anyway. Rocklin is the closest delivery center to Reno so I hope it works out for you and I'm yet to see how the tax works out since I'm still waiting on the DMV to send me anything.
Thank you for the info. It sounds like I may end up going down to Rocklin too, but no VIN yet.
I got the June delay email, so maybe soon. Or maybe by the time you get back from your trip...

Reactions: JeffnReno
Took Delivery yesterday. I live in northern VT. Was given two options, home deliver (3-4 weeks extra) or tesla offered to refund $200 of travel costs to go get it (probably about 1/3-1/4 the cost of them flat-beding the car to Burlington). I flew down to LGA, Lyft to Harlem and then the Metrol North to Mt Kisko dealer. I got there about 30 minutes before my appointment. Total time to drive away was about one hour at the dealer. There was one issue with the driver door trim not being fully seated and flush. That was resolved in about 10 minutes by popping on another piece. Overall the transition was very smooth. I did have to wait about 20 minutes for them to finish up with the car but, I was also 30 minutes early.

I've driven a M3 once before as a Turo rental. This was an early version and there is a noticeable difference (improvement in my opinion) in ride quality. The Taconic Parkway is no smooth road but it did a much better job of absorbing some of the bumps then the earlier version. 5 hour dive back to VT on one charge. I was getting a little nervous as I climbed up the mountains and the delta between the remaining and the distance dropped to a low of 13 miles. This of course climbed back up as I went down and by the time I was home had 30 miles to spare.

The one thing I'd like is a setting to turn the screen into "drive" mode or something like that. There would basically only be the spedo and a few other basic items in the left upper area and the rest would be blank. I found the constant changing of the map to be distracting. I'm sure I'll get used to it but sometimes, especially with the stark interior, it would be nice to just drive with no other gizmoz and distractions. Is there any way to make such enhancement requests short of tweeting at Elon? I'm happy still doesn't seem real.

The one thing I'd like is a setting to turn the screen into "drive" mode or something like that. There would basically only be the spedo and a few other basic items in the left upper area and the rest would be blank. I found the constant changing of the map to be distracting.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the map to be on the screen while I drive. Even when I don't need directions, I leave the map on just to check traffic.

I do wish the speedometer and other left side items are a bit bigger so it's easier to take a quick glance while driving, I'm still waiting for my Model 3, so perhaps that'll change when I actually drive one daily.

Is your Edit button gone? I hear ya, the waiting is getting annoying especially since my Edit button has been gone for two weeks. I am East Coast with a July E-mail.

Nope my edit button still remains.

I find it weird that they removed your edit button with a July email yet my June email still has the edit button. Tesla is completely out of Sync. The fawk is going on with them? Anyone knows?

4/19 confit, Fremont, June e-mail.

Nothing but zipped lips from Tesla. 9 days left in June, I’m getting really frustrated seeing folks who configured after me already with their cars. Meanwhile my friggin edit button is STILL there.

4/19 confit, Fremont, June e-mail.

Nothing but zipped lips from Tesla. 9 days left in June, I’m getting really frustrated seeing folks who configured after me already with their cars. Meanwhile my friggin edit button is STILL there.

I totally feel ya. I'm in Oakland.

Whats worse is I got my financing together. 2.24 for 60 months. my rate will expire on the 27th of June, as it is only valid for 30 days. I feel like this type of stuff will make me throw a tantrum when I get called in to t take delivery.

Nope my edit button still remains.

I find it weird that they removed your edit button with a July email yet my June email still has the edit button. Tesla is completely out of Sync. The fawk is going on with them? Anyone knows?

Little odd but I dont expect to take delivery till July. I think it usually takes 4-6 weeks once you get a VIN, I was told I was assigned a VIN when I called but no ISA contact. So I am expecting a Early July delivery but than again I will not get my hopes up.

I am sure once your Edit button goes you will have a very short turn around. I really think they have been pumping cars to the East coast, kind of like they did for Cananda. Then the flood gates will open.