Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I got the July delay email. You’d think they would fill the configs from April before filling June configs. In August it would be almost 4 month wait, same ballpark they are giving now, but I had a 3-6 week quoted timeframe.

Oh and the reason I don’t tweet Tesla with negative comments is they have canceled orders in the past for that. I specifically remember a guy getting his model x canceled for a bad tweet.
i agree, I never tweet or write bad comments... but I do share facts and had fun tweeting silly tweets to Elon...

I got a message from my ISA informing me that my delivery date for TOMORROW noon would be cancelled. This was less than 24 hours before.

Not only that, she is saying it’ll be late July to early August. WTF. I’m pissed that they would wait so late to tell me. Not to mention they haven’t called me back after trying to reach them 5 times today.

I understand delays can happen but a month delay and all you could provide is less than 24 hour notice?

EDIT: To provide context. They said it is still undergoing preliminary inspection at the regional hub. Again not sure why this information/status could not have been communicated to me much earlier.

Paik

A few days without any comments, is it safe to assume most people with 4/18 config are getting their cars?

I waited until the 21st of April to configure but was incited the 18th. Still no word. I did change my color from blue to white June 24th, so I guess that probably negatively effected things. It seems like the Bay Area is either seriously backlogged though. Either that or I’m lost in the system.

Woo!!! Is there a way to tell when the car was manufactured from the VIN?
I haven’t asked yet... I was concentrating on getting my ISA to get the agreement to me to sign ans Tesla’a Signature so that I could get it to my loan officer today in time so that they could overnight a check to the delivery center.... they got the final signed agreement to me at 4pm! Talking about cutting it close!! I’ll ask when it was built tomorrow ;)

I was so concerned about the possibility of double taxation on the $56k that I offered to take deliver in Las Vegas since there isn't a delivery center in Reno. Figured if it would save me from that, it would be worth it to fly down one way and drive back after taking delivery. The other option would possibly be home delivery but that would have delayed deliver for me and another Reno owner told me they not only were delayed 3-4 weeks for the home delivery but weren't notified until the day of the delivery that it would be in 3 hours. Since I have a trip planned in July that will last a month, the home deliver didn't seem to be my best option and they never offered it anyway. Rocklin is the closest delivery center to Reno so I hope it works out for you and I'm yet to see how the tax works out since I'm still waiting on the DMV to send me anything.
Just to up date, no problems with anything at the DMV and everything worked out fine. We're heading home and should be back by Monday. The car has only charged once since we left it plugged in the garage. Title came in the mail and is waiting too.

Anyone from the 4/18 batch that deferred for AWD still waiting for Tesla to contact them after ordering? I put my order in immediately on 6/26 and still haven’t heard anything. Saw someone in my state that already has a delivery date in another thread :( hoping people still watching this thread. Also wanted to make the RWD crowd feel better about not waiting ;)

Tnx

Anyone from the 4/18 batch that deferred for AWD still waiting for Tesla to contact them after ordering? I put my order in immediately on 6/26 and still haven’t heard anything. Saw someone in my state that already has a delivery date in another thread :( hoping people still watching this thread. Also wanted to make the RWD crowd feel better about not waiting ;)

Tnx
Yup. The Midwest has seen virtually no deliveries regardless of order date unless it's RWD. Not sure why east coast is getting them before us but logistics aren't my thing...

Same here, no problem with Reno DMV. Have you met other Model 3s, or their owners? I am in NW Reno. (MCR)
Yes, I met 2 other Model 3 owners at an event hosted by EAANN. I plan on attending the Drive Electric event that is being held at Virginia Lake on 9/9/18 from 9am-2pm. They already have several Model 3 owners signed up to be there along with a bunch of other EVs. I've attended a couple since I also own a Leaf and they are usually fun events and gives you a chance to see other peoples cars and other EVs like bikes, motoercycles, etc. You're not required to give test rides but if you are there and non-owners have questions, it's a chance to promote Evs. Hope to see you there.