Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4.6 Million Square Feet Expansion in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go Tesla go! This is so great for Bay Area employment. As I understand it, as soon as the Gigafactory is up and running, Tesla will have the most American-made cars in America. I am not sure where Tesla exactly fits in now, but most sites currently say either the Camry or F150 have the most American-made parts.

Go Tesla go! This is so great for Bay Area employment. As I understand it, as soon as the Gigafactory is up and running, Tesla will have the most American-made cars in America. I am not sure where Tesla exactly fits in now, but most sites currently say either the Camry or F150 have the most American-made parts.

Go Tesla! Great for Bay Area jobs, bad for traffic... :cool:

upload_2016-10-8_8-51-24.png

The cool thing is that the new BART extension will end right at the factory's doorstep. They envision their employees to get there via mass transit.

This factory should be helping to reduce traffic congestion in Fremont and in the SF Bay Area before too long. Tesla minibus unveil should be ready in 2017 according to Elon in MP Part Deux. I assume the Bay Area will get quite a few of the early production models.

The cool thing is that the new BART extension will end right at the factory's doorstep. They envision their employees to get there via mass transit.

Mass transit will help a lot in terms of emissions.

This factory should be helping to reduce traffic congestion in Fremont and in the SF Bay Area before too long. Tesla minibus unveil should be ready in 2017 according to Elon in MP Part Deux. I assume the Bay Area will get quite a few of the early production models.

Let's hope that all of these factors help to reduce traffic... currently 3rd worst in the nation :cool:

SF/Bay Area high on nation’s traffic-congestion list
Rank/City/Average Annual Hours Wasted by Commuters Stuck in Traffic
1. Los Angeles, CA: 81
2. Washington, DC: 75
3. San Francisco, CA: 75
4. Houston, TX: 74
5. New York, NY: 73
6. Seattle, WA: 66
7. Boston, MA: 64
8. Chicago, IL: 60
9. Atlanta, GA: 59
10. Honolulu, HI: 49

The Model S is 50% American made parts where the Camry is 80%.

• Disagree
Reactions: alseTrick
Another article ... Tesla gets the greenlight from the city for its massive factory expansion in Fremont

Last night, the city of Fremont approved important expansion plans submitted by Tesla, which the automaker refers to as ‘Tesla Master Plan’, back in October. The plan includes the addition of several new buildings that will almost double the size of the already giant electric vehicle factory – 5.3 million square feet to 9.9 million square feet. expand full story

The expansion is, of course, to support the planned production increase at the factory due to the upcoming Tesla Model 3. After receiving around 400,000 reservations for the Model 3 earlier this year, Tesla announced its plans to achieve a production rate of 500,000 cars per year at the factory by 2018 and that a path to 1 million cars per year could be possible by 2020.

upload_2016-12-8_16-41-4.png

Reactions: EV-lutioin