Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4.8 to 4.2 acceleration upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that will happen in the near future, in fact, I am seeing price increases lately with Full Auto-Pilot to $12k from $10k and I saw in increase in my solar paneling. If interested, I recommend that you try it for a day and cancel to see if it is worth the $2000. Grab it if you feel that it is worth it. I purchased it yesterday and felt as though it was a must have. Think of it as a one-time fee for 12-13% boost as a gas car with cold air intake and exhaust, but no installation fee or inconvenience.
Thank you for posting. Do you race your car or just like the extra power available if you need it?

Before AB, my MY was noticeably slower below 50% SoC, especially when cold. It was awful at highway speeds below 25%. With AB, it's nearly the same performance from 100% down to 20%. It's possible that a software update around the same time I bought AB caused this benefit, but I think it was the AB.

Is AB just for increasing launch speed by 0.6 seconds? If I’m already doing 50-70 MPH and want to pass a vehicle, does a MYLR accelerate faster with AB than without? Acceleration when passing, entering freeway on-ramps, etc. is more useful to me than a 0-60 launch from a dead stop. $2K for a feature that won’t do much when already traveling at speed would be a deal breaker for me. What’s your experience in this situation?
It's definitely noticeable at passing speeds. Attached is a 50-70 run. For reference, the Y P does it in 1.50s.

Attachments

• 20220123_184050.jpg
    20220123_184050.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 247
Did the 48 hour trial, Annoyed because the clock started at the time of purchase, and even though I've got 24/7 WIFi, the software didn't load until about 30 hrs in, IIRC. Only had 18 hours to try it, not enough time to destroy the rear tires. Tesla refused to extend the time.

Sigh: speed is addictive. Two weeks later, I purchased the AB upgrade. No regrets.

To answer the question, "Does AB alter efficiency numbers?" NO! Unless you USE the HP/Torque all the time. Normal driving? No change.
That’s weird. Today when I purchased it, in less than two minutes it was done. I didn’t even have WiFi at the time.

If/when Tesla offers the acceleration boost for the MYP - I’m in. Take my money now.

$2000 for more power/torque is an amazing deal BTW… no other changes in drivability or exhaust noise (ICE cars) or range/MPG… no other car can do this.

It’s amazing.
PB is a pretty neat feature, but my GTI would disagree with "no other car can do this". $400 adds roughly 15% HP boost.

Reactions: rusmo