Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 BENT WHEELS!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, to have a leg to stand on, probably would have had to report it on the day you picked up the car or at least within a day or two. Clearly they didn't check the wheels in their CPO process. 19 inch wheels are the base model wheels. A lot of people change them out for 21's or custom wheels. Just look on e-bay. Can probably pick up a set of wheels for $500. They're not in high demand. Or take the opportunity to dress up the car with some aftermarket wheels. Plenty of options available in the $1,600 price range.

• Disagree
Reactions: HyperMiler
I just checked my 19 inch OEM Telsa wheels in the garage and they are stamped Made in USA behind one of the 5 spokes in the 5 star pattern wheel. Tesla logo stamp on another spoke on the interior of course as well.

Unsure that is accurate that they are Made in Mexico as stated by another comment on this thread.

Reactions: Joelc
Yes the 19" standard 5 star configuration rim most often seen on most MS'

I purchased them from a gentleman in Indiana whom unfortunately had a total loss on his MS. The rims are flawless and I needed to add them for the winter since my MS utilizes the 21" turbines for the majority of the seasons. I could not be happier with the look and feel of the 21" turbines I will mention even if I need to drive like 'rodger-dodger' on the roads here in NJ and well anywhere just about actually avoiding those potholes and well any uneven questionable roadway faults.

I will attempt to look up the VIN or build time of these wheels that are stamped Made in USA and post it if I am successful...

Yes think Tesla manufacturer on different locations.

The 21" wheels I got with my P85D delivered February 2015 had made in Mexico stamped.
The rims was not good quality. Did as new when delivered on the car need very many balance weights that you often only see on cheap chinese replica wheels. Paint finish was also bad and heavy compared to the 21" Vossen I have now.

Sounds like this car may have been "airborne" at sometime during its life. Bending wheels is easy when this car weighs 5000 lbs and the aluminum wheels are only rated to 1980 lbs per corner. Sounds like it was driven hard on some pretty bad roads or jumped like the General Lee..
I knew it.. It was duke of hazards 2016 edition.. everybody is green and drives electric cars. The only problem is sherif Rosco's Leaf is out of range half of every episode.

So far Elon has resisted all calls to have a confederate flag painted on the model S.

The VIN of the MS in which the 19" standard OEM rims came from that I acquired stamped Made in USA is 415xx and may she rest in peace. I checked another one of the 4 total and also stamped Made in USA.

I have a spare 21" rim acquired 2 years ago and it is also stamped Made in USA.

Per Dennis87.....maybe it's possible Tesla switched production of at least these wheels to Mexico or elsewhere sometime in 2014?

to me.. it sounds like somebody drove you car off a curb or into a curb,,,,or hit a high driveway curb approach at a very high rate of speed... even an area of road that was being "milled".. where the lip edge back onto the new highway was not properly ramped.. could cause this damage to all four wheels at say 60 MPH

seized brake calipers pins?? this reeks of lack of maintenance.. if this vehicle was purchased as CPO.. then all of this (including the rims) SHOULD have been inspected and repaired prior to resale...

these brake pins would have been discovered in a thorough inspection of the brake system....

before buying a CPO.. ask to see all service records by VIN before purchase... take a long and thorough test drive....and if EVERY service has not been performed according to recommended requirements.... or the vehicle has ANY drive-ability issues.... forget it

This is the second thread I have seen with "all 4 brake calipers seized."

These words... they must not mean what I think they mean. I get that regen does most of the braking, but still... You have to use the calipers to slow down below about 4 mph, and even the most careful driver brakes hard occasionally.

How can all the calipers be seized??

My 19 inch rims from a car made in February 2016 were made in Mexico. The backside of the rims are stamped "made in Mexico." I swapped with Rial Luganos which weren't available in 20 inch at the time, so I went with 19s. I didn't want to worry about bent rims, and I wanted to keep rotatationwl mass as close to center as possible. They are stamped "made in Germany". I read anecdotal information that one person had 4 bent Rial rims. TST makes nice rims at twice the price, with good color selection, but personally, I couldn't justify paying more. . Tesla does not "endorse" TST, or Rial, but the service center tech did ask about buying a set of Rials. The Rials in gunmetal Grey are less than 1000 for four, including TPMS sensors. They were cheap enough to order an extra rim. Very satisfied. I think 2000 is more than you need to pay, unless you want to spring for forged and reduce unsprung weight.

Yes the 19" standard 5 star configuration rim most often seen on most MS'

I purchased them from a gentleman in Indiana whom unfortunately had a total loss on his MS. The rims are flawless and I needed to add them for the winter since my MS utilizes the 21" turbines for the majority of the seasons. I could not be happier with the look and feel of the 21" turbines I will mention even if I need to drive like 'rodger-dodger' on the roads here in NJ and well anywhere just about actually avoiding those potholes and well any uneven questionable roadway faults.

I will attempt to look up the VIN or build time of these wheels that are stamped Made in USA and post it if I am successful...

I do the same thing on our cars, I have 21's with summers for temperatures above 50 degrees, once we drop below 50 I switch to all season 19".

the tires are basically brand new, they were new when i got the car on Feb1st... have about 8k miles on them...

road force balanced as of a 4 days ago, all seems better now. one tire was a little out of whack. but smooth ride now... I pay alot more attention to the road and pot holes now. Even more than i did before!