Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 month old MYP Hit...how's it look guys?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree and was not suggesting OP was going down that path but a few folks were encouraging it. Obviously from the USA.

If car is repaired OP should push hard for lost value.
Yeah, there wasn't any life threatening injuries on all parties, but other than that I don't know. My neck will probably need some work, but I'm just glad the person who flipped didn't get anything too serious.

Lost value is a bit difficult to go after, and sometimes the only way to obtain it is from small claims. A lot of lawyers don't really like to pursue that either since it's not very lucrative.

I guess OP was going way too slower than the traffic around? Driving way too fast is definitely dangerous, but going way too slow (than surrounding traffic) is not that safe either.
You can't claim another driver's chosen vehicle speed being slower than everyone else's around you as defense against inattentive driving resulting in an accident. If the op had been driving the same speed then an accident probably wouldn't have happened in this case, yes, but this cousin by itself isn't good nor defensible advice.

Driving in a safe manner, including paying attention to quickly changing speed/conditions, should come before driving at the same speed as everyone else around you.

Yeah, there wasn't any life threatening injuries on all parties, but other than that I don't know. My neck will probably need some work, but I'm just glad the person who flipped didn't get anything too serious.

Lost value is a bit difficult to go after, and sometimes the only way to obtain it is from small claims. A lot of lawyers don't really like to pursue that either since it's not very lucrative.
I personally have not gone after no fault lost value but I’ve seen many references to let your insurance company do the leg work for you. Don’t leave your own insurance out of the loop. If you deal direct you’ll often get screwed.

You can't claim another driver's chosen vehicle speed being slower than everyone else's around you as defense against inattentive driving resulting in an accident. If the op had been driving the same speed then an accident probably wouldn't have happened in this case, yes, but this cousin by itself isn't good nor defensible advice.

Driving in a safe manner, including paying attention to quickly changing speed/conditions, should come before driving at the same speed as everyone else around you.
Please read my latest response carefully and report back.

"quickly changing speed /conditions" is the same thing with driving same speed with the traffic around you, which is the most safe condition you can ever hope for. :cool:

You actually could use it as a defense to shoulder some of the blame. In CA they don’t just assign 100% blame to one or another party. The other driver may get 80% of the blame, while you could get 20% for driving too slow. This is just an example.
Hence all of your payouts would be at the % the other driver was found at fault, not 100%.

You actually could use it as a defense to shoulder some of the blame. In CA they don’t just assign 100% blame to one or another party. The other driver may get 80% of the blame, while you could get 20% for driving too slow. This is just an example.
Hence all of your payouts would be at the % the other driver was found at fault, not 100%.
When it comes to a driver being rear-ended where the overtaking vehicle is traveling measurably faster, wouldn't partial-blame only be assigned when the rear-ended driver was driving slower than the posted minimum speed?

When it comes to a driver being rear-ended where the overtaking vehicle is traveling measurably faster, wouldn't partial-blame only be assigned when the rear-ended driver was driving slower than the posted minimum speed?
They could also look at the pace of traffic. If you’re the dodo driving slower than everyone than everyone else, you could be deemed to be driving dangerously. Like those people who drive the speed limit in the left lane on the highway. Even though you’re driving the speed limit, you’re deemed a danger. People have been pulled over for doing the speed limit in the left lane, which I fully condone.
It is usually legal to pass on the right on roads with 3 or more lanes of traffic
If there’s 2 lanes minimum, you can pass on the right. I have a lot of 2 lane city streets I drive on. In someone is doing 30 in a 45 in the left lane, you’re not expected to drive behind them and not pass them on the right. Passing on the left is recommended, but not mandatory. It’s still the responsibility of each driver to look both left and right, not just left before you change lanes.

Relax. I’m not trying anything here. Just provided my input based on the video. Also that’s why I used the word “IF”, since i didn’t know what was actually happening outside of the video frame.
You should stop instantly judging people without fully understanding the context. 😎
You should stop commenting when it has absolutely nothing to do with what the OP was asking about. You provided no value, only criticism.

Reactions: brinox