Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 months since delivery, still waiting on seat...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are other people still waiting for Tesla to repair their cars months after taking delivery? Is there a better strategy to get Tesla to fix things?

I picked up my car on 9/30/18 and multiple items were damaged upon arrival. I gave Tesla the benefit of the doubt, and took them at their word that they would correct the issues and paid in full for the car. They did correct a number of the items over the next couple weeks, but here I am 4 months later, and I'm still driving around with a badly ripped seat that came with the car. Tesla has given me a bunch of bizarre excuses as to why they can't fix it, but nothing seems to make sense since they are manufacturing a bunch of new cars, presumably WITH seats!

This is one of the first P3D+ models, so it wasn't cheap and it seems like they should prioritize taking care of something like this. Overall it's a cool car, but this particular issue bugs me and service has been terrible to deal with. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any advice on how to get something like this resolved?

RippedSeat.jpg

Yes, they're service and parts department is absolutely taking forever for parts. Was listening on the investor call today and they said they're making some more structural changes to speed up common repairs.

In regards to your particular item, were you waiting on them to call you? If I were you I'd just schedule my own service date and force a follow up myself to get things taken care of if it bothers you.

Yea I just dropped my Model 3 off today for a stress fractured center roof glass. What I was told is when you schedule a service, the week before the service center orders the parts then they should be waiting by the time you arrive.

I believe there's also an escalate button in your tesla.com account if you login there.

On the call yesterday Elon mentioned they've now realized maybe not keeping parts on hand at the service centers that actually use the parts to fix cars was a bad idea.

Tesla really needs to take a page out of the Evil Overlord rules-

"One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation."

Welcome to the club, going on 6 months with P3- that needed repairs since purchase. Emails and escalation both have failed, now I’ve used the mobile app to schedule a repair time and I’ll keep repeating the process until rectified.

How did something like that (or this seat) make it through final inspection?

The issue with our door is difficult to see without taking a really good look. That said, I noticed it right away when we took delivery and the service center noticed it immediately when I mentioned it. Final inspection at Tesla seems to be more of a cursory overlook - is it a car? yes? good!

Hmm.. Well, judging by the feedback, I guess my problem is not super unique. I have been staying on top of them via email. Some guy got assigned to my case, and I email him every few weeks to see if there's an update, but he always just comes up with a long winded way to say "no update." A couple times I got called by Tesla, but it just seemed to be some customer service rep with the sole goal of pacifying customers by saying "I understand your frustration," but not having a single answer or way to resolve anything.

Looks like I just need to keep on top of them, or they tend to forget about you. At the end of the day, it's super annoying, but not the end of the world as long as they fix it.

Hmm.. Well, judging by the feedback, I guess my problem is not super unique. I have been staying on top of them via email. Some guy got assigned to my case, and I email him every few weeks to see if there's an update, but he always just comes up with a long winded way to say "no update." A couple times I got called by Tesla, but it just seemed to be some customer service rep with the sole goal of pacifying customers by saying "I understand your frustration," but not having a single answer or way to resolve anything.

Looks like I just need to keep on top of them, or they tend to forget about you. At the end of the day, it's super annoying, but not the end of the world as long as they fix it.

Schedule it for service and when they call you a few days before the drop off if they don't have the part have it escalated. Also do an executive escalation.

My personal experience is that most of the people from Tesla service are too green, too underexperienced and too under-paid (I assume) to do a very good job.

• Informative
Reactions: voip-ninja
Things may get worse according to this:
'How do they expect to run without us?' Tesla accused of axing key staff to cut costs
It looks like they’re specifically targeting higher level and more experienced employees for layoffs.

Yeah, when I read between the lines it seemed that Tesla felt they had a good enough handle on QC for Model 3 assembly and wanted to eliminate those expensive positions....

Then in a year or two when Model Y is in production they will hire new, cheaper people to do the work.

Still not fixed. It's been 7 months. It's clear that the sales person completely lied to me to get me to take the car off the lot. This issue is my biggest gripe with Tesla, and it's really inexcusable. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this has really pissed me off. And every employee I talk to tries to be the world's greatest bullshit artist instead of actually trying to fix my problem. Frustrating..

I have an appointment scheduled for late May, so hopefully something finally happens.