Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 of 5 FSD Beta disengagement strikes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d rather not have FSD beta suspended while I’m on my road trip! I’m seeing in my 10.69.25.1 release notes (installed this morning) that disengagement happens after “driver receives several audio and visual warnings for inattentiveness.” Should I have been getting audio cues all this time? I don’t get any audio signal until the final red disengagement screen. A little tone would be so helpful if I am paying attention to traffic around me instead of the screen.

Solution
I've had my hand on the wheel resting at the bottom when I got a warning that a "nag defeat device was detected". I've noticed the nags get really bad when traveling through construction zones on the freeway or when there are a lot of cones placed e.g. freeway segments where lanes were re-striped and coned. You get 3 warnings and it's a strike on the third warning. I've been erroneously nagged in stop-and-go traffic through construction zones so I just park the car and re-engage drive. That resets the 3 warnings back to 0 and you can go a bit further and "reset" again if you get to 2 warnings again. I'd pull over to the shoulder to reset if needed....here in California, that drive through Central California is a major pain without...
46C548DD-CE3E-48BE-825C-2461FB52CBEB.jpeg
7ABF6686-6BC0-481D-889E-5352FC3F5068.jpeg

Upvote 0
I've had my hand on the wheel resting at the bottom when I got a warning that a "nag defeat device was detected". I've noticed the nags get really bad when traveling through construction zones on the freeway or when there are a lot of cones placed e.g. freeway segments where lanes were re-striped and coned. You get 3 warnings and it's a strike on the third warning. I've been erroneously nagged in stop-and-go traffic through construction zones so I just park the car and re-engage drive. That resets the 3 warnings back to 0 and you can go a bit further and "reset" again if you get to 2 warnings again. I'd pull over to the shoulder to reset if needed....here in California, that drive through Central California is a major pain without AP/NOA with all that construction and temporary lane crossovers and shifts.
I've recently received a few of these. I disengage and the message disappears after about a minute. Then I re-engage. Haven't noticed where or when it exactly happens

Upvote 0
Sure. I would be surprised if there were not some other hint of a bug though!

If something is identified that is not true, that is an error on the part of the software, indicating it has gone off the rails, and nothing good will come of it, and described behavior will probably not match.
I think it's not going to give you warnings if it's blaming it on a cheat device. if it notices it, strike.

Upvote 0
This is how it used to be. As of the latest update, I’m still getting the cheat device nags, but they haven’t resulted in the auto lockout.
Someone has to get video of these cheat device nags. This is very high value content on YouTube. They’ve never been filmed so would be extremely interesting to all (obviously without a cheat device in use; the other case is not nearly as interesting).

I tried to reproduce this last night by getting both my hands visible to the cabin camera while applying torque to the wheel, but no luck. Tried bottom grip (so uncomfortable and dangerous feeling, since you have no control of the vehicle!) and using my leg.

Last edited:
Reactions: DasBoot
Upvote 0
Someone has to get video of these cheat device nags. This is very high value content on YouTube. They’ve never been filmed so would be extremely interesting to all (obviously without a cheat device in use; the other case is not nearly as interesting).

I tried to reproduce this last night by getting both my hands visible to the cabin camera while applying torque to the wheel, but no luck.
I can't find any videos of it - I've only been able to find some still images showing the warning from people who did in fact use wheel weights.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Upvote 0
To provide an update, I think they changed something on the back end. The "apply turning force" no longer results in a strikeout after 3 messages. I had a long drive on the freeway with probably 10 mile stretch of construction barriers, cones, and redrawn lines. I had 7 of those warnings in a row and no strike. Interesting that I would get those warnings back to back without more than a one second gap.

Upvote 0