TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

4 Pin -> 5 Pin Adaptor Possible?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by jmr-, Aug 18, 2016.

1. jmr-

jmr- Member

So, my mother in law's farm has this 4 pin connector.
    [​IMG]
    Wondering if I can get an adaptor to connect tessy or whether it is missing earth or something? I'm not too wise on these plugs

2. Mark E

Mark E Member

It's most likely a 20A 4 pin 3ø connector which is missing the earth pin in the centre. Rather than make an adaptor it'd be better to get a sparky to change it to a 5 pin.

3. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

it is missing the neutral. you can synthesise one with either a 1 hp star connected three phase motor or a 500VA three limb transformer with primary in star and secondary in delta. you pick up the neutral on the star.

• Helpful x 1
  4. jmr-

jmr- Member

Wow head explosion. I think I'll get a sparkie to replace it with a 5 pin?

• Funny x 1