Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.40 is out via ev-fw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the poor quality, but that's all the iphone could do in the bad light...

Img_9741.jpg
Img_9742.jpg
Img_9743.jpg

If anyone that gets 17.40.1 had the Homelink issues before (fails after one or several uses, needs reboot to reset), can you test to see if the new release fixes that? Tesla said that that issue would be fixed 'on a future release' but we're hoping it got into this one!

If anyone that gets 17.40.1 had the Homelink issues before (fails after one or several uses, needs reboot to reset), can you test to see if the new release fixes that? Tesla said that that issue would be fixed 'on a future release' but we're hoping it got into this one!
I did have the HomeLink issue yesterday on .38.4 and it wasn't working at all today (no indication of sending signal). I did not debug it as I was notified of the 40.1 update, so I went ahead and upgraded instead. So far, it is working again, but I only tested it in the garage a couple of times. I have not yet tested if the distance setting is working, though I did set mine for a shorter distance as I think the default 100' is too far for the strength of their HomeLink transmitter and it misses the signal a lot of time. Hopefully the shorter distance will be more consistent, at the cost of having to wait a bit longer for the door to fully open...

Reactions: boaterva
I’ve gotta admit that the keep climate on function could definitely be useful. Every now and then I’ll run into a store while one or more people wait in the car. In the past I would leave the car, then use the app to turn the climate control back on, but this sounds must easier. Unfortunately my car was just upgraded to .38 while it was in for service last week, so I probably have a while to wait before I’ll see this feature:(

Unfortunately my car was just upgraded to .38 while it was in for service last week, so I probably have a while to wait before I’ll see this feature:(

I don't know what criteria Tesla uses, but since I got my car in mid September, I've been upgraded from .34 to .36, .38, 38.4, and now 40.1 in less than 4 weeks! I did call in a frozen GPS problem in the first week, and they said they sent a reset but maybe they also put me on some list in order to get me upgraded GPS sw.

In any event, I think since this addresses re-enabling AEB for AP 2.5 cars, it will likely be pushed out quickly for at least those recent cars.

Reactions: boaterva
Is it just me, or is the lack of any mention of some minimal improvement with EAP/FSD a little disappointing. And what happened to steering wheel adjustment to enhance ingress/egress from the car? That seemed like something easy to add to the software.

And what happened to steering wheel adjustment to enhance ingress/egress from the car? That seemed like something easy to add to the software.

The way software update cycles work mean that it can take much longer than one might expect to get features added to software. Each version of the software must undergo several levels of testing before it is released and usually multiple versions are being worked on at once. They don’t release .40 and then start the work on .42, but instead they have likely been working on .42 for several weeks already and the features and bug fixes that will go into .42 were decided well development even started.

Even if they decided to add that feature the minute Elon tweeted about it (and of course there is no guarantee of that) it would likely be weeks or even months before it actually shows up in a new release.

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX
Only 16 people reporting so far, this might not be going wide after all.
I think we need to wait until Monday to get some sort of run rate/real numbers... remember, it's not reported on either ev-fw or TeslaFi until it's actually downloaded, installed, and rebooted, and some of those aren't then auto-reported. That is more likely at night or on the weekend. I agree it's not the flood you'd expect for something at least aimed at all the AP2.5 cars if not everyone for new features.

Reactions: BigD0g
I go my car on 9/28. Same day update from 36 to 38. I did not get the second 38 update. I just got 40 a couple of hours ago. It said that it could take up to 1 hour 40 minutes (same thing for 38) but it was done much faster then that. I think I check in < 30 minutes but not sure. I am on WiFi in my garage. I did report the GPS problem but it only happened the 1 day.

If anyone that gets 17.40.1 had the Homelink issues before (fails after one or several uses, needs reboot to reset), can you test to see if the new release fixes that?!

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. After working a couple of times, the HomeLink would stop transmitting again (no signal icon). Only a reboot makes it work again, for a while. It has recurred twice already today, so the problem still exists and seems to have begun from 38.4