Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40.X and steering Wheel weight?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep hoping that Tesla is simply biding their time and at some point with enough data, they will make it clear that defeating safety systems isn't allowed in FSD Beta.

It could be a positive incentive such as "Those who have used Autopilot appropriately will be granted one free transfer of autopilot to a newer vehicle."

It could also be a negative reinforcement like "Your vehicle has detected a possible error with the driver monitoring system and steering wheel. Schedule a service appointment to have your autopilot reinstated after a safety inspection. Autosteer is temporarily disabled until reset by Tesla service."

The rules state that you have to have your hands on the wheel to use Tesla's ADAS features.

So, let me ask this question: Why don't the rules apply to you?

What other rules do you ignore? Red lights? Stop signs? Crossing double-yellow lines? No turn on red? One-way street? Where do you draw the line on what rules you get to ignore? I'm curious.

And yes, FSD Beta breaks some of those rules from time to time. However, it's not intentional, and you, as the driver, are responsible for correcting it and reporting errors.

The rules state that you have to have your hands on the wheel to use Tesla's ADAS features.

So, let me ask this question: Why don't the rules apply to you?

What other rules do you ignore? Red lights? Stop signs? Crossing double-yellow lines? No turn on red? One-way street? Where do you draw the line on what rules you get to ignore? I'm curious.

And yes, FSD Beta breaks some of those rules from time to time. However, it's not intentional, and you, as the driver, are responsible for correcting it and reporting errors.
Not really the point here lol but if you're curious

Red lights: on occasion I blow by, but rarely. Has happened more times unintentionally than intentionally, but it has happened intentionally for sure.
Stop Signs: Almost always at work. There's a 3 way stop by the entrance and I usually blow by and think of the word "stoptional" in my head
Crossing double yellow lines: Sometimes to annoy my wife honestly ill pretend like I'm driving in Europe but only when I can see no one is coming for a long while
No turn on red: On occasion, but rarely
One way street: Twice in my life by accident, never intentionally.

Hope that satisfies your odd curiosity

That's not a 'rule' that's a peculiar software feature. The rest are regulations passed by a legislative or delegated legal body.

In any case I do keep my hands on the wheel but even still that is not enough because of the insufficient technology (no touch sensor). The nags are in themselves literally distracting to driving concentration as they need to be urgently attended to.