Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

400 kWh Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! New here and hoping someone can help me out. Called Tesla twice today and they were useless. I recently purchased a used Model X from a dealership that was originally purchased prior to Nov 2018, so it came with the 400 kWh a year free supercharging. The 400kWh show up in my account that they transferred to me, the new owner, but when we supercharge our car, our credit card is being charged and no kWh are deducted. Any idea what’s going on? See screen shots! Thank you!

Attachments

• 18C63B8B-E3EA-4939-899E-1F73F9433F04.png
    18C63B8B-E3EA-4939-899E-1F73F9433F04.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 2F6E23E8-514D-4A80-A9A1-381F0E85030E.png
    2F6E23E8-514D-4A80-A9A1-381F0E85030E.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 97
Check your Tesla App and see if you can see the free charging in the app. Once you open the app, there is a treasure chest in the top right. Clicking that will show you how many miles you have have.

I think you should contact your delivery team. If you can't get anything from them, email [email protected]. When I purchased my Tesla, i was supposed to get free unlimited supercharging. This got disrupted when they added my friends referral code to my order. I didn't use his code because i purchased via a link from an email I got from a sales man. So I had them add the code after the fact. Apparently when you use referral codes, you get 1000 super charging miles and this some how overwrote my free supercharging. I was told to contact [email protected] and by doing so they have reached out and opened a ticket with my delivery team to get it addressed after verifying I should have it.

I suspect from my experience that you should start with your delivery team and if that fails then the email address above. I'm not sure the referral team is the right group but they will get it where it needs to go I'm sure.

Looks like OP purchased from third party dealer not Tesla direct ..not sure how this works with transfer but even now Tesla is removing free supercharging from cars that supposedly followed the car ..I suspect same thing happened here ...if Tesla is doing that with cars they are reselling I wouldn’t doubt they would do the same with third party sales

Looks like OP purchased from third party dealer not Tesla direct ..not sure how this works with transfer but even now Tesla is removing free supercharging from cars that supposedly followed the car ..I suspect same thing happened here ...if Tesla is doing that with cars they are reselling I wouldn’t doubt they would do the same with third party sales
I thought that could be the case as well, but then why do the 400kWh show up in my account?

I thought that could be the case as well, but then why do the 400kWh show up in my account?

Not sure but I’m pretty sure with the general removal of “free” supercharging from Tesla’s own used cars yours was probably affected as well ..try removing ur CC from your account and see if u can still charge ..my guess is charging will probably still work ;)

The fact that its on your account is proof you are entitled to it. Just keep going through the motions till they fix it. I suspect if you did nothing come January, you'll see 400 more miles. It might have something to do with it being given in the middle of the year. That's speculation on my part but whats not speculation is that its on your account. So you will get it. Just keep on them.