Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

400 kWh of free Supercharging credits discontinued?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MS 75D 2017 model.

Until now my supercharging hasn't cost anything and now it does.

tesla.com car info listed earlier 400 kWh free credits annually, now it doesn't.

Tesla told me that this benefit has been discontinued. Is this the case?

Cheers,

Tuomas

I can tell you my experience, but I'm in the US so it might be different for you.

My 2018 S100D was eligible for the annual 400kWh supercharging credit because I ordered the car while that promotion was in effect (May 19 2017 through Nov 1 2018). Although the credit is supposed to be applied automatically, that didn't happen for me after the first year, so I had to reach out to Tesla each year to get the credit applied.

The last couple of times I contacted Tesla about this, this incentive program was being handled by the Referral Program Team (even though it wasn't a referral program incentive). I tried to contact that team again earlier this year, but never got a response. I contacted Tesla Support via online chat, and was informed that the Referral Program Team had been disbanded because there are no more referral programs. Tesla Support was unaware of the 400kWh annual credit and told me I would have to work with the sales and delivery team to get it resolved.

The sales and delivery team I worked with when I took delivery 3.5 years ago was no longer available, but when I had our Model 3 in West Palm Beach FL for service, I spoke with a sales manager there. He researched the issue and eventually confirmed that I was still eligible for the credit. He told me I would need to supercharge once and get billed, and that would cause the credit to be applied. He told me if that didn't happen, I should call Tesla Support at ‭877-798-3752‬ and they would be able to help me.

I did a quick supercharge as suggested, but I didn't see any evidence that I had received a credit on my account (nothing in my Loot Box in the app). I called Support a few days ago, and the agent was eventually able to find the info on the 400kWh incentive, and he said he would reach out to the web team to make sure the credit was added to my account. He also told me the credit was supposed to be added automatically on each anniversary of my delivery date (nothing about having to supercharge first). I received an e-mail from support a couple of days later confirming that the credit was added, however I still don't see anything in my Loot Box, so I won't know if it was actually added until I try to supercharge again.

So, the annual 400kWh credit is still available, at least in the US, but you have to do some work, probably every year, to make sure you get it.

• Informative
Reactions: OrbiterTI4
Wow - Tesla really knows how to treat their customers, don’t they? I’ve had the exact same experience with my 2018 Model S. They told me it’s supposed to renew every year, and it never has without some contact, which is increasingly difficult to do (even the chat option is gone now). I’ll try calling.

By the way - I selected 2 (Vehicle and Supercharger support) and then 4 (Tesla account) to actually reach a person. That person didn’t know anything about the 400 kWh incentive (of course), and tried to give me credit for just one session, but eventually he claimed that the full credit was added. We’ll see.

Last edited: