Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

407 ETR Transponders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the transponder in my Model 3 on the way home from pickup and it worked normally (4 beeps at the exit.) I held it in my hand near the windshield for that one trip. So not metalized. Anybody have any suggestions where to affix it so it doesn't interfere with anything?
Manual says you can mount transponders beside the rear view mirror camera block on the right side, or on the front license plate for weatherproof transponders.

Just call 407Etr and have the rep to flag your license plate so you wouldn’t be charged on video charges anymore. I had my transponder mounted on the recommended location and it won’t received the signal properly sometime no matter how slow I drive across the scanners.

Reactions: rpm001
Just call 407Etr and have the rep to flag your license plate so you wouldn’t be charged on video charges anymore. I had my transponder mounted on the recommended location and it won’t received the signal properly sometime no matter how slow I drive across the scanners.

That's odd. I've had my M3 for a few days now and on every 407 trip I've heard the four beeps. Mounted on the windshield next to the mirror but I think I'll try the back of the touch screen as others have suggested.

Aren't they all ugly? Mine is about 2 or 3 years old and subjectively ugly!
Yeah, they are all ugly but I find one to be uglier than the other.

IMG_6504.JPG

Reactions: SmartElectric

This is what I did. I keep the transponder in my cubby. Once in a while it beeps, but usually not. I never get video charges. And best of all I don't have that ugly thing with adhesive on my windshield.