Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

407etr, am I asking too much?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goverment of Ontario is pushing hard to adopt EV. Green plated vehicles are allowed on HOV lanes without a passenger, and will be allowed in the future to drive on tolled HOV Lane. What I am proposing is it can allocate additional fund letting EVs drive on 407 for free, maybe with some limitations as I can see lots of EV owners are living on top of Toronto and would like to use 407. Am I just asking too much?

Think of how this would play out in the press. "The Ontario government is forcing all taxpayers to subsidize 407 ETR tolls for people who own $100,000+ cars."

The alternative is to expect the 407 ETR to foot the bill. But why should the 407 ETR give their product away for free? Why not have every fast food restaurant give free meals to those of us with green plates, or free food from grocery stores?

And unless something changes green plates will not be allowed on HOV lanes in 59 days.

Think of how this would play out in the press. "The Ontario government is forcing all taxpayers to subsidize 407 ETR tolls for people who own $100,000+ cars."

The alternative is to expect the 407 ETR to foot the bill. But why should the 407 ETR give their product away for free? Why not have every fast food restaurant give free meals to those of us with green plates, or free food from grocery stores?

And unless something changes green plates will not be allowed on HOV lanes in 59 days.
yeah, is the hov lane accesibility going to be renewed again? this is one of the few perks left over for green plates