Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40k in 15 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 70D is getting the day of today. It's sitting in the garage with exactly 40,000 miles on it. I took delivery 15 months ago (December 2015) and obviously have spent a lot of time in the driver's seat. While I am always debating about whether I will trade the MS in on a M3 when they arrive or possibly an X, one thing is certain. After over a year of driving this car, it would be nearly impossible to go back to a traditional car on a daily basis. We debate back and forth about whether AP is getting better or whether it has achieved (or ever will) what Elon originally promised. I have gotten so used to it that I hardly even think about how much better it is to drive with AP than without, until I drive one of my other cars. Same thing with not having to get gas, or change oil, etc. etc. Bottom line is that this is a great car. The best daily driver that I've ever had. Anyone who has one of these is pretty lucky.

Agreed 100%. After 2 years of driving MS and Leaf I had to rent a car on a trip, got Mercedes GLA 250 fun looking thing, but what an incomparable driving experience to EV's in general and MS in particular. The Merc''s drive is rough, jerky, acceleration is pretty sluggish for a light car. I also have pretty close to 40K in about 48 months of ownership and no problems or much maintenance required.
Anyone who has one of these is pretty lucky.

This is nice to hear. It usually goes like this:

Tesla owner when he/she is in a group of Tesla owners:
"Go to hell Elon where's feature xx.xx coming, my car is breaking apart, here is my awful experience, I am dying"

Tesla owner when he/she is in a group of ICE plebs:
"THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME THING I love my car it's the best car I can't believe how best this car is"

Agreed 100%. After 2 years of driving MS and Leaf I had to rent a car on a trip, got Mercedes GLA 250 fun looking thing, but what an incomparable driving experience to EV's in general and MS in particular. The Merc''s drive is rough, jerky, acceleration is pretty sluggish for a light car. I also have pretty close to 40K in about 48 months of ownership and no problems or much maintenance required.

In Mercedes' defense the GLA250 is basically their most entry level car, on par with the CLA250. The CLA and GLA are pretty rough and unrefined compared to the other vehicles mercedes has to offer.

But I agree after driving my MS there are few cars that I would rather drive when the range and locations allow. Whenever I take longer trips I always rent a diesel Q5, Q7, or E250 bluetec on turo. The range on the e250 is insane. I will consider picking up a used E250 bluetec in a few years.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I have owned my 2014 Tesla Model S for just about a year. In that time, I have put over 50,000 miles on the odometer. I am currently just over 80,000 miles. I have had help driving that many miles (Turo), but the car still runs like new. I have only had one issue with the drive train that was replaced under warranty. I love this car.

Brent

Gotta jump on board the happy thread train. I have almost 700 miles in my first 10 days with my CPO 2014 S85, and not a single maintenance issue yet! :D Seriously though, I grin ear to ear every time I drive now. No autopilot is necessary to love this car.

My 70D is getting the day of today. It's sitting in the garage with exactly 40,000 miles on it. I took delivery 15 months ago (December 2015) and obviously have spent a lot of time in the driver's seat. While I am always debating about whether I will trade the MS in on a M3 when they arrive or possibly an X, one thing is certain. After over a year of driving this car, it would be nearly impossible to go back to a traditional car on a daily basis. We debate back and forth about whether AP is getting better or whether it has achieved (or ever will) what Elon originally promised. I have gotten so used to it that I hardly even think about how much better it is to drive with AP than without, until I drive one of my other cars. Same thing with not having to get gas, or change oil, etc. etc. Bottom line is that this is a great car. The best daily driver that I've ever had. Anyone who has one of these is pretty lucky.
9 months and 21,000 miles of grin-generating miles! I absolutly agree, the blend of auto pilot, tacc, and full manual is something I don't perceive anymore... Until I drive another car!