Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

42.2 update - regen change sucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest 42.2 update for RWD cars changes the regen to make it less aggressive when in standard mode. I had to use my brakes a hell of a lot more in traffic today, and it makes the twisty roads less fun. This was a HUGE step back in driving performance. I want the old regen back! Give us an aggressive regen feature please!

• Disagree
Reactions: dusdev and MP3Mike
The latest 42.2 update for RWD cars changes the regen to make it less aggressive when in standard mode. I had to use my brakes a hell of a lot more in traffic today, and it makes the twisty roads less fun. This was a HUGE step back in driving performance. I want the old regen back! Give us an aggressive regen feature please!

Are you sure it wasn’t limiting power due to the cold temperature?

I have 42.2, and regen is most definitely stronger than it was previously.

on the highway i have to use brakes ALOT which really sucks..anything below 40 km/h seems to work better.. may try toggling the settings..gotta try something

That sounds more like the snow tire problem. Regen may be reduced if you switched to snow tires. Some regen below about 30 km/h but more like coasting above that. No dots to indicate a regen reduction due to cold weather or 100% battery.

ETA: Also reduced regen with snow tires is a Model 3 RWD only problem it appears.

Last edited:
That sounds more like the snow tire problem. Regen may be reduced if you switched to snow tires. Some regen below about 30 km/h but more like coasting above that. No dots to indicate a regen reduction due to cold weather or 100% battery.
yup..no dots...battery plenty warm.... just saw thread about winter tire issue..interesting...
strange that tires affect it if that is true
will follow both threads
jb

Can confirm on the toggling! I had a terrible experience with the weaker regen today, and toggled the standard/low switch once to no effect. But after seeing this thread, I drove around the neighborhood and toggled a few more times and, lo and behold, the good strong regen is back, hooray

• Informative
Reactions: dusdev and outdoors