Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

450 miles and I love it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I drove the car around 450 miles this weekend. I love it. Impressions till now:
1. Car is too fast and acceleration is instantaneous. This is the first car where I need to be careful about accelerating too fast. Most gas ICE cars have low torque at low rpm, so you do not feel the acceleration when starting the car as much as this.
2. Autopilot is great. I do not use the AutoSteer unless all the following conditions are met: Well marked multiple lanes, slow traffic, I am in middle lane and I have good visibility. I use it to relax my hands for a bit when I have been driving for a long time, but I have extra attention on the road. However, I used TACC almost all the trip. It worked great. I know some people have false positives where the car braked where there was nothing. I would rather have car brake when there is nothing vs not brake when there is something. My recommendation with people would be use AP as a driving aid - if you use it for anything more than that you are setting yourself up for either disappointment or disaster.

Now comes the part where I am struggling a bit. I have found bad glare in two occasion. BTW I was wearing polarized sun glasses in both occasions:
1. The first one wasn't bad. It was at noon and at some angles I saw the whole windshield covered with the reflection of the dashboard mesh. It was difficult to see, but manageable.
2. The second one was really scary. I have never faced this before. I was driving on the inner roads around 6pm in the Seattle area and the road was completely covered in trees around 100ft ahead. Suddenly the whole windshield turned white. Even though I was wearing sun glasses, I couldn't see anything. I brought the car down from 40mph to 10mph. Luckily people behind me braked too. After 15 seconds everything was fine, however till then it was really scary.

Given that I was already wearing polarized glasses, what other steps that I could take to avoid this issue.