TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

45k$ — Looking for Model S with Autopilott under 45$K in Dallas TX area

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Jags, May 11, 2018.

1. Jags

Jags Member

Hi All,

First of all I want to thank you all for supporting fellow members here. I’m newbie to the forum. I want something that can make it less stressful to drive in the stop and grow traffic of Dallas, TX. I’m looking for CPO Model S With AP 2.0/2.5 under 45k$. As long as it’s CPO, mileage is not a problem. Just wondering any feellow members ready to sell their S or if you know somebody is ready to sell let me know.
    Thanks and Appreciate all your guidance and support here.

2. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

It will be tough and a long search but good luck!

3. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

If you want CPO it needs to be from Tesla and not an individual. I haven't seen any AP 2.0 vehicles that are CPO for that price.

But good luck!

4. dethman

dethman Member

Ap 1.0 maybe but ap 2.0 will be a tough find for 45k.

5. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Just to put things into perspective, here's the least expensive CPO at the moment (with AP)
    Inventory Search | Tesla

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 8.26.04 PM.png
    I turned in a P85D with 4k miles on it and they gave me $87k a yr ago. They turned around and sold it for $97k So based on that Id say they tack on $10k to a CPO.

CPO Profit Margin

Bottom line: Even on a private sale the car I linked above would be $48k "wholesale" It's not even a AP2 car. So sadly @Jags you're going to have to raise the bar. A lot.

• Like x 1
  6. dethman

dethman Member

Why not buy a model 3 for 50k (42.5 after credit). Will have ap 2.0.

• Like x 1
  7. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

Because if they don’t already have a Tesla, they’ll be waiting at least another year for one if they put a reservation in now.

8. achilles992000

i'm in Dallas area. great place to own a Tesla. 3 new urban chargers opened up and are conveniently located.
    autopilot is a huge help. i found the auto lane change to be super helpful.

9. dethman

dethman Member

Pretty easy to buy a reservation for about 1k or less. Not that i condone that sort of thing. :D

• Like x 1
  10. Yaro

Yaro Member

If you're interested in a rebuilt, I might be able to squeeze a 2016 facelift 75 for around 45.