Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4680 MYP Acceleration Boost Upgrade prediction.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have asked a mod for this subforum to combine this thread with the existing discussion on this topic, which can be found here:

Not sure if they will agree with me, but if so, expect to find it in this thread above when they get around to it.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Yes. No one knows anything yet about battery type related specs of 4680 vs. 2170 in any of their cars. We would all hope something will be better. Maybe in a year we'll know. I didn't wait to find out when I ordered a couple months ago. I just wanted to get things moving.

Yes. No one knows anything yet about battery type related specs of 4680 vs. 2170 in any of their cars. We would all hope something will be better. Maybe in a year we'll know. I didn't wait to find out when I ordered a couple months ago. I just wanted to get things moving.
Also Tesla will certainly be conservative with the first batch (MIA - Made in Austin) about power and charging speed, and improve those later on with OTA.

Tesla don't want to cannibalize sales of other versions, so the LR and the P will still have for a while the 2170, and only the RWD will have the 4680.

I would be curious to know the size of the battery of current MIA RWD?

I imagine that in the future, because of the 4680 higher density,
there might be bigger batteries, like 100 kW for the Model 3/Y and 125 kW for the Model S/X.

Last edited:
Its mundane details like this is exactly why tesla stopped selling cars labeled as "75D, 100D...etc" because people pay way too much attention to details that don't matter. MYP goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I'm not sure how much more performance you're getting out of a CSUV.

Reactions: E90alex
Its mundane details like this is exactly why tesla stopped selling cars labeled as "75D, 100D...etc" because people pay way too much attention to details that don't matter. MYP goes 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I'm not sure how much more performance you're getting out of a CSUV.

X3M Comp and the Alfa Stelvio Quad are both in the 3.1-3.3 range and obliterate the MYP around the track, so plenty of room for improvement believe it or not.

Whatever helps you sleep at night :) but the X3Mc is absolutely faster. Nothing to be ashamed of, as that car is a beast.
hahah typical BMW driver. I am not saying your number is not correct or X3M is slow. All I am saying is that MYP is faster based on the hard evidence here. I really don't care how fast ICE cars are anymore.

hahah typical BMW driver. I am not saying your number is not correct or X3M is slow. All I am saying is that MYP is faster based on the hard evidence here. I really don't care how fast ICE cars are anymore.
Full disclosure - I sold my X3M Competition to get away from ICE... but it smokes the MYP in every performance metric. Hell it would kill the M3P too.

I'd still go MYP all day though :)

Reactions: mservoss and BMWY