Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

48.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3, 2018

Just got the update and have a few questions.
1. It says you can now control turning on the heated seats. But I can’t do that in my App. Any suggestions on a method?

2. I have always had an issue with my manual opening in the car. At first I thought I had to be in park, not the issue. Then I thought I had to be in Wi-Fi, not the issue. Any ideas?
(I have the pdf saved to my phone for reference but it is obv out of date.)

3. The pdf manual says you can set the car to move the seat back and down automatically to get in/out easier, but I don’t have that setting. Was that in a previous software version and no longer available?

Model 3, 2018

Just got the update and have a few questions.
1. It says you can now control turning on the heated seats. But I can’t do that in my App. Any suggestions on a method?

2. I have always had an issue with my manual opening in the car. At first I thought I had to be in park, not the issue. Then I thought I had to be in Wi-Fi, not the issue. Any ideas?
(I have the pdf saved to my phone for reference but it is obv out of date.)

3. The pdf manual says you can set the car to move the seat back and down automatically to get in/out easier, but I don’t have that setting. Was that in a previous software version and no longer available?

1. You need the app version. 3.8 to control the heated seats. It is not available yet.

2. I have the same issue and believe it is fairly common. Also have the PDF version on my phone. The online PDF was updated 11/1 - make sure you have the most recent version, it is not too out of date.

3. Under your driver profile, there is an option for "Easy Entry". Check that on and it will create a new profile you can set for entry/exit off the car. (I only set it to have the steering wheel go up and away, it's not ideal to have the seat back up if there is someone seating behind you.)

Reactions: Snow Drift
@Cadbury

1) The heated seats requires app version 3.8. Only 3.7 is out.

2) Never tried, I use PDF on phone.

3) Under your driver profiles is an option for Easy Entry. If not click Add and select it. Turn that profile on and save a position that allows for easier entry/exit (example my wife is short and so it backs the seat so she can exit and I can enter). Once the EE profile is created go to one of your existing profiles and click the Use Easy Entry button. Now when you park that specific driver profile will adjust the seat to the EE setting.

Anyone else having issues with car rebooting after 48.12? We had this issue a few releases ago. Service center pushed an update out to us. Updated to 48.12 and its back. Car reboots about every 30 min, speakers cracking, Speedo flakes out, nav not workout my right. Pita.

Looks like 2018.49.1.2 and 2018.49.12.1 didn't make the grade for wide rollout... and now there are 2018.50's going out.

Pretty soon, we'll see a 2019 version shipping!

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

My car was at the service center today, and I had 48.12.1. The service center just re applied the same firmware. I asked if they had version 50 and they said "we dont have that to push to your car yet".

I also just got access to priority updates via the loot box and it says it was applied to my account, so im curious to see how soon I might get 50.x..

Looks like 2018.50 just started to roll widely - may have the ability to select it, now.

upload_2019-1-4_19-17-42.png