TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

482 on Ebay

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by vfx, Feb 1, 2010.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

110 miles?! WTH?
    If I bought a Roadster I'd have 100 miles on it by the end of the first day. I just don't get this...if they bought it with plans to resell at a profit then why sell now at MSRP or below?

I just don't get people sometimes.

3. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Looks as if it is being sold for the Tesla store. Perhaps because it is an 2008 model.

4. efusco

Ok...still, I've been stunned at how low the mileage is on so many of these 'used' Tesla that have been up for sale. I just can't imagine spending that much money, waiting that long, for such a fast, cool, modern, low maintenence car...then parking the dang thing in the driveway/garage and not...you know, driving it.

My dumb rural midwestern values I guess.

5. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Being born & raised in downstate IL, I guess I've got the same "dumb" values you do, so I'm driving the heck out of my Roadster (13.75K miles in 11 months).

But, these people that are letting them sit unused still have served a small purpose - by increasing the sales numbers of Roadsters. I personally think a bit less of them that they don't appreciate and drive their Roadsters. Hopefully, the next owners will get more use out of a most excellent machine.

The owners around here that I've met are pretty enthusiastic and they drive their Roadsters a good amount. But, I've heard stories about some of the wealthier owners in this area, and their Roadsters are just sitting around. I agree with you: what a waste.

6. efusco

Wish they'd let me drive their unused toys during the week when they're not using them.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

8. mt2

mt2 Member

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I say YEP!