Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$484,000 Tesla Model X... I've seen it all!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you read the entire post, the person is asking the buyer to help him resolve his financial problems after a divorce, and to pay a "sight premium: for a great vehicle, that can no longer be purchased be purchased in this particular color, and is a signature Model X. According to the posting, the vehicle is the "limited edition signature burgundy color (only the first 1,000 owners could even opt for this color)".

This person sounds fairly serious.
A rare version of the roadster sold for a substance premium a while back.
If signature burgundy is no longer available, and a person wants a signature Model X in signature burgundy, the price sounds right. :cool:

If you have been married in the Great State of California for ten years or more, the 'HALF for LIFE!' clause of a Contract of Marriage goes into effect. All assets belong to both parties at the point of dissolution. Doesn't matter if it was Her car, or His car, it becomes OUR CAR. So, if one party demands HALF of its value in recompense, the demand must be met somehow. Either the party of the first part renders a proper sum to the party of the second part in order to retain 100% ownership of a given item... Or the thingamabob is sold and the proceeds divided. I'm told the Great State of Texas is among those for which such legal machinations are not necessary when getting rid of Him or Her. So glad I don't have the problem to deal with in any case.

I discussed some of the earlier sale prices that were posted with some of the Tesla employees at the SC. The 2nd buyer does get the full original warranty, so no problem getting support.

If a buyer is so serious to even consider such a premium price, the buyer should consider making a purchase offer to other owners of Model X. That is the way to get just what you want at a far lower price.