Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

48kW at a 250kW Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been talked about over the years but I am getting quite frustrated with SC speeds. Just recently a new 250kW SC was opened nearby and it seems no better than the 150 down the road.

If the charge on my 2020 X is down around 100 miles then plugging in will peak up and I might see 250-300 miles per hour charging rate. Give it a few minutes and it backs down to 120 mph at a 30-something kW draw.

Where is the fast charge? Long charge times just exacerbate the supply of charging stations. God help us if Tesla opens the SCs to other brand vehicles.

I know this has been talked about over the years but I am getting quite frustrated with SC speeds. Just recently a new 250kW SC was opened nearby and it seems no better than the 150 down the road.

Are there any superchargers where you are getting higher speeds? Could it be that the problem is not with the superchargers but with your car?

If 30kw is maxing out your battery for some reason (defect?) then I would not expect a 250kw charger to be any different than a 150kw charger.

If the charge on my 2020 X is down around 100 miles then plugging in will peak up and I might see 250-300 miles per hour charging rate. Give it a few minutes and it backs down to 120 mph at a 30-something kW draw.

Where is the fast charge? Long charge times just exacerbate the supply of charging stations. God help us if Tesla opens the SCs to other brand vehicles.

can't help you since I use percentage vs miles. the two big things that come into play with the faster superchargers are your battery SOC and the temp. have you compared your curve with a known charging curve? the v3 is not going to make that much of a difference if your SOC is lower

Reactions: Rocky_H
When was your X manufactured? The S/CX didn’t support the higher 250kw until the summer timeframe when they increased the wire thickness.
Second, state of charge is VERY important as stated above. Maximum charge speeds will only happen at low SoC. Get above 50% and charge rate drops quick.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H