Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4G/LTE speeds in NZ - painfully slow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s good to know. Hopefully we get a good outcome soon
In the meantime, I would refuse to pay for the premium connection, even demand a partial refund for the poor connections they have had so far.

I think they might make things happen quicker if they get several people exercising their consumer rights. You could easily argue that you are not getting what was advertised.

Presumably swapping all the SIMs would be a big job if they do change to a NZ carrier. On the other hand it's only going to get worse (presumably) if they keep putting telstra sims into all these new cars, unless telstra makes a big upgrade to their network capacity.
I'm pretty sure they are actually Spark SIMs. They have just set up the connection in the cars to use a Telstra APN. I would imagine that if they went with Spark they would just need to reconfigure the APN which they should be able to do OTA. @Matt_NZ seems to have a better understanding of this.

Presumably swapping all the SIMs would be a big job if they do change to a NZ carrier. On the other hand it's only going to get worse (presumably) if they keep putting telstra sims into all these new cars, unless telstra makes a big upgrade to their network capacity.
They don't need to swap the SIM if it's future proof eSIM in recent cars... rest ones, probably matter of two providers agreeing to do clean transition of SIM Identifiers....
In worst case, just a Mobile service units swapping it out over a week/month.

LAME

IMG_4189.jpeg

It's more this is how I discovered the Telstra connection issue. Actually discovered it when TVNZ said I couldn't watch from outside NZ. Then went on the hunt to see what else the Australians are blocking.
well... all ISP, Corporate, have their content filter limitations... as it's from Australia, many content free for NZ might be charged at Australia - so there will be content blocking. just hotspot from your mobile and you can see TVNZ.

on the side note... least trustworthy of them are TESLA, as they never talk to customers, never explain anything, never confess any issues, never apologise, never speak... Aliexpress products have more customer support i guess. but