Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4G LTE upgrade appointments hard to get!

Is LTE upgrade done at the service center or do they want to come to your house and do it? I thought they charge extra fees to come and do at your house but phone app asks for address and doesn't let me do it at the service center so I'm confused. I don't want to pay more than $200 plus tax when I am willing to go to the service center instead of them coming to my house. Does anyone know?

Tesla reached out to me to upgrade 3G to 4G. $219 total price. Gave me an appointment date. Then on arrival, told me they needed it for 2-1/2 weeks!

Good lord. I have an auto restoration shop so I know a bit about making appointments and delivering service.

I asked if they could just let me know when they were ready to actually do the work (it has to take less than an hour at the price they're chargine) and was told no.

Sux

NewbyMaybe

Newby1Kenowby
May 3, 2021
Florida
Tesla reached out to me to upgrade 3G to 4G. $219 total price. Gave me an appointment date. Then on arrival, told me they needed it for 2-1/2 weeks!

Good lord. I have an auto restoration shop so I know a bit about making appointments and delivering service.

I asked if they could just let me know when they were ready to actually do the work (it has to take less than an hour at the price they're chargine) and was told no.

Sux

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC