Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4G LTE upgrade appointments hard to get!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to replace the 3G system with 4G on my car but the only appointments available are at a single service center quite far from me. Are other people seeing this kind of scarcity?
I think appointments in general are quite hard to get right now. Similar situation in Northern Virginia area.

Is LTE upgrade done at the service center or do they want to come to your house and do it? I thought they charge extra fees to come and do at your house but phone app asks for address and doesn't let me do it at the service center so I'm confused. I don't want to pay more than $200 plus tax when I am willing to go to the service center instead of them coming to my house. Does anyone know?

Tesla reached out to me to upgrade 3G to 4G. $219 total price. Gave me an appointment date. Then on arrival, told me they needed it for 2-1/2 weeks!

Good lord. I have an auto restoration shop so I know a bit about making appointments and delivering service.

I asked if they could just let me know when they were ready to actually do the work (it has to take less than an hour at the price they're chargine) and was told no.

Sux

Tesla reached out to me to upgrade 3G to 4G. $219 total price. Gave me an appointment date. Then on arrival, told me they needed it for 2-1/2 weeks!

Good lord. I have an auto restoration shop so I know a bit about making appointments and delivering service.

I asked if they could just let me know when they were ready to actually do the work (it has to take less than an hour at the price they're chargine) and was told no.

Sux

I'm guessing a Tesla algorithm is seeing data from models like yours as a priority. But the service centers aren't able to keep up. Sucks to pay them to harvest your data. I'm waiting however long it takes til a salvage solution comes along.

Last edited: