TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

5, 6, or 7 seat model X resale values

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Tes La Ferrari, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Tes La Ferrari

Now that we've had 3 years of model X's on the market, how have5, 6, & 7 seat options impacted resale values ?

Which models are highest and lowest ?

Also, does anyone know if Tesla's residual values are different based on seating options chosen with Model X. If so, how so ?

2. Erie Electric

Erie Electric Member

I have no real knowledge on the actual resale values but I do know two things:
    1) I just bought a used Model X and the six seat option was on my "had to have" list and that did reduce my choices available.
    2) The early 7 seat "non folding" version is not highly regarded or sought after.

3. Tes La Ferrari

Yes the 6 seater definitely has a very nice look to it. Wish the 6 seater had :

1) some sort of a folding armrest, and
    2) the ability to fold them away flat
    3) the ability for the back of the seat to recline forward independent of the horizontal seating surface

4. Amp Dup

Amp Dup Member

FWIW, Kelley Blue Book gives a lot of options to select in evaluating a used car price. 5,6 or 7 seat layout isn't listed. Either they don't see a difference or the data is so limited that it doesn't discriminate.

5. Maaz

Maaz Member

I don’t think it really matters, just depends on what the buyer is looking for.