Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5.9 low suspension not as low as it use to be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe that's the difference. I never set it to high or very high. I just leave it in standard. It was pretty un noticeable for a long time. My wife would occasionally notice that it was lowering after we got out of the car. Now it's noisy when it does it, so it is plain as day. I don't mind it, I just don't park over anything. I heard about this well before I got my car, so I haven't been parking over anything since I got it.

There is something wrong with your air suspension and you should have it fixed. What you describe is a defect in your particular car, and parallels what one or two others reported last year. I believe in those cases the service center said the car height should not change height after being parked. If yours is doing that, something is wrong.

Don't know if I measure correctly but new standard height seems to be higher at 6" instead of original 5". But I'm probably not measuring correctly will someone else confirm? If so that's a whole inch of difference? But I propably measure wrong. It just sure looks a lot higher then what I remember. Oh well

Buy some lowering links and set the height to however high (or low) you want it. I have my lowering links set to the drop the car an additional .75 inches. This basically gave me the low position at normal ride height. Now that I have 5.9 I have my car auto lower at 50 mph+ and it's pretty low but not that low.

6mm = ¼ inch. Undetectable to my eye. And, FWIW, I have 5.9 and raised the car to max height this morning to put on the front plate (hated doing it) and it's still at that height a few hours later.
6 millimeters.
six. millimeters.
I'm not clear on the point being made here.

Fun with numbers and units.

Cut that number in half: 3mm. If your tires are under that for tread depth, they need replacing.
Double the number: 12mm. Most tires don't have this much tread depth when they're new.

To some people, the tread depth of a "mid-wear" tire is not a trivial amount w/r/t suspension height. To others, it is. YMMV. Caveat Emptor. Don't take any wooden nickels.