Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 Aftermarket MUSTs for new S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my P90dL last week and looking for advice for the top 5 aftermarket must haves.

I have already figured out that I need stronger LED light for the trunk and am ordering Blackvue cameras. Oh, and I put on Xpel Ultimate first thing. What else does everyone recommend?

Get the "Tesla" branded off the Tesla website. I understand they fit very well. I purchased the WeatherTech brand (didn't know about the Tesla branded ones at the time) but the fit is horrible. Feedback on the forum is the Tesla brand fit great.
Strange. They're the same mat. The Tesla all-weather sets (floor mats, and frunk/trunk mats) are all produced by WeatherTech. They just put the little Tesla badge where the WeatherTech embossing would have been.

I wonder if you got the wrong mats. They changed about the time AWD/NextGenSeats were released.

Strange. They're the same mat. The Tesla all-weather sets (floor mats, and frunk/trunk mats) are all produced by WeatherTech. They just put the little Tesla badge where the WeatherTech embossing would have been.

I wonder if you got the wrong mats. They changed about the time AWD/NextGenSeats were released.
Well I don't know. That is a good question. The front's "look" like they should fit the MS. But they are about a half to an inch too short. The backseat matt is too long and curls up along the back edge. I have been very disappointed. When I got these I thought they were as good as it gets when it comes for floor mats. IMHO, they are terrible. Also, WeatherTech customer service is terrible even if you manage to actually speak to someone.

Last edited:
Are the Tesla all-weather mats worth the price; they are sold at $245.00. I would like to purchase them but wanted to get your perspective if you feel its worth it.
Most definitely worth the price. I put these on any new car I get and its so nice to keep the carpet underneath basically new. Its also nice to spray them and sometimes throw some shine on them and they look like new.

Well I don't know. That is a good question. The front's "look" like they should fit the MS. But they are about a half to an inch too short. The backseat matt is too long and curls up along the back edge. I have been very disappointed. When I got these I thought they were as good as it gets when it comes for floor mats. IMHO, they are terrible. Also, WeatherTech customer service is terrible even if you manage to actually speak to someone.
That's the exact thing that changed. They moved the seat mount points back an inch or so. :(

some people have complained about the mats not fitting, for me the mats went from my "classic" '14 to my '15 s90d fitting in just right.

The Tesla all weather mats work great for me as well. I moved my interior set (front, rear, trunk floor, trunk footwell) from my 2013 VIN 162xx MS to my brand new 2016 VIN 1453xx MS and hey fit perfectly.

I have a residual frunk all weather mat that no longer fits as it was meant for the original MS with a deeper "microwave" compartment and no front motor.