TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

5 Aftermarket MUSTs for new S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by HBP90DL, Jul 20, 2016.

1. HBP90DL

HBP90DL Member

I just got my P90dL last week and looking for advice for the top 5 aftermarket must haves.

I have already figured out that I need stronger LED light for the trunk and am ordering Blackvue cameras. Oh, and I put on Xpel Ultimate first thing. What else does everyone recommend?

2. ww73

ww73 Member

Window tinting
    Abstract ocean magnetic phone holder
    All weather floor mats
    Lift gate thingy (also on abstract ocean)

• Like x 2
  3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

the tesla/weather tech floor mats would be at the top of my list. then window tints.
    upgrading the sound system could be considered

• Like x 1
  4. markn455

markn455 Member

• Like x 1
  5. markn455

markn455 Member

Get the "Tesla" branded off the Tesla website. I understand they fit very well. I purchased the WeatherTech brand (didn't know about the Tesla branded ones at the time) but the fit is horrible. Feedback on the forum is the Tesla brand fit great.

6. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Strange. They're the same mat. The Tesla all-weather sets (floor mats, and frunk/trunk mats) are all produced by WeatherTech. They just put the little Tesla badge where the WeatherTech embossing would have been.

I wonder if you got the wrong mats. They changed about the time AWD/NextGenSeats were released.

7. shah007

shah007 Member

Are the Tesla all-weather mats worth the price; they are sold at $245.00. I would like to purchase them but wanted to get your perspective if you feel its worth it.

8. markn455

markn455 Member

#8 markn455, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Well I don't know. That is a good question. The front's "look" like they should fit the MS. But they are about a half to an inch too short. The backseat matt is too long and curls up along the back edge. I have been very disappointed. When I got these I thought they were as good as it gets when it comes for floor mats. IMHO, they are terrible. Also, WeatherTech customer service is terrible even if you manage to actually speak to someone.

9. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

This Trunk Organizer fits the footwell of the trunk nicely, provided you don't have the extra seats there.

• Like x 1
  10. cman8

cman8 Member

Most definitely worth the price. I put these on any new car I get and its so nice to keep the carpet underneath basically new. Its also nice to spray them and sometimes throw some shine on them and they look like new.

11. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

If you are handy at all then installing a Blackvue front and rear camera and better trunk and frunk lighting is a breeze.

Mods

12. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

That's the exact thing that changed. They moved the seat mount points back an inch or so. :(

13. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

+1 on the Blackvue 650 dashcam. Reis audio upgrade is second on my list.

14. Zextraterrestrial

Side blinker marker lights with the 'T' on the covers are(were?) not led's either. Add those along with the license plate lighting

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. shah007

shah007 Member

Thank you cman8 (I have a Pearl White too). How do you shine them?

Is there anyone else who can confirm that the Tesla all-weather mats worth the price of $250?

16. kort677

kort677 Active Member

those are useless on the newer models, in fact I have a set I'd sell that came off of my '14

• Informative x 1
  17. kort677

kort677 Active Member

some people have complained about the mats not fitting, for me the mats went from my "classic" '14 to my '15 s90d fitting in just right.

18. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

The Tesla all weather mats work great for me as well. I moved my interior set (front, rear, trunk floor, trunk footwell) from my 2013 VIN 162xx MS to my brand new 2016 VIN 1453xx MS and hey fit perfectly.

I have a residual frunk all weather mat that no longer fits as it was meant for the original MS with a deeper "microwave" compartment and no front motor.

19. idoco

idoco Member

Separate set of snow tires and wheels if you plan on driving anywhere with snow. (Ignore if you never leave SoCal.)

20. markn455

markn455 Member

What's different on the POST '14 models?