Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 April, Sacramento Raceway, 1/4 Mile Drag Gathering 4-7 pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow Teslans,

Some of us are gathering at SACRAMENTO RACEWAY, 5305 Excelsior Rd, Sacramento, CA ·, from gates opening at 4 pm to departure at 7 pm to get "hard data" on what our latest and greatest software updates now produce in terms of REAL PERFORMANCE. Here you can actually use full "launch control" and enjoy what your Tesla was meant to do without worry or fear of breaking any law. All Tesla models require a helmet for the driver (good motorcycle helmets pass inspection usually; fully approved helmets can be rented on site) and P85DL and higher power versions (P90DL, P100DL) require a racing/fireproof jacket, which I will have 3-4 for rotating use--provided to our group by SMUD, our local electric utility here in Sacramento County.

COME ON OUT AND JOIN US WITH YOUR TESLA. The more the merrier!!!! I will make sure that generally if not always, NO Tesla runs against another Tesla (unless YOU ask for such head to head). We will always stage against one of the belching, smoking, noisy and polluting ICE monsters, so we can embarrass pretty much anything that is even close to stock (and most of the modified ones too).

Cost for car and driver is about $20 and nondriving spectators are $8; I will TRY to get a "group discount" IF I get more than 5-6 of us showing. I now have expectations for about 4 varied versions of Model S power trains.

RSVP to me, George Parrott at [email protected]

Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
Agreed about the helmet and jacket, but these rules were written 20-30 years ago when the ONLY cars that could go under 13 seconds were HIGHLY modified ICE machines with very iffy safety.

Further ALL drivers must be wearing LONG PANTS and shirts with sleeves, though short sleeves are OK, just not tank tops. Closed Toe shoes are also a good idea, just in case they get picky.