Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5% Battery degradation in just 8k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
r3VrNWn
c3tkrHM

I own a Tesla Mx Raven Performance from 11/2019.

It has at the moment 14000km (about 9k miles) and it already lost 5% of battery due to degradation.

On scan my Tesla this battery should have at least (as far as I know..) 98,5kwh on “Nominal Full pack”. In so little time it is down to 94,5kwh or just 89,5kwh as usable full pack.

I don’t charge a lot in supercharge ( 1500kw from a total of about 5600kw).
I never charge over 90% and rarely let it go below 10%.

I already tried a full 100% but didn’t help.

Is this normal?

What were the dates & software versions when the degradation appeared? If it was in the mid-September 2019 timeframe and firmware version 2019.32.1 or so, then this is not battery degradation, but a change in the firmware that's giving you this theoretical range reduction. My car experienced a similar drop in that timeframe/firmware version as I believe others have also reported. Here's my TeslaFi report...

upload_2020-5-28_9-9-16.png

What were the dates & software versions when the degradation appeared? If it was in the mid-September 2019 timeframe and firmware version 2019.32.1 or so, then this is not battery degradation, but a change in the firmware that's giving you this theoretical range reduction. My car experienced a similar drop in that timeframe/firmware version as I believe others have also reported. Here's my TeslaFi report...

View attachment 545558

Build date 9/19 LR around 6K miles.

A little over 1% degradation here. So no, it’s not software.

I super charge about 2/3 of the time.

49944646373_bb389d74a2_b_d.jpg