Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 battery install Lake of the Pines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ICF Submitted: 5/20/2021
Request for 7 day discharge data: 5/24/2021
Homeowner Requested Report from Tesla: 5/24/2021
Tesla Replied with Report: 6/2/2021
Report sent back to SGIP for ICF review 6/2/2021
Revised approved ICF Received:6/23/2021
ICF Inspection: 6/23/2021
ICF Approval: x/x/2021
Final county approval 6/30/2021
PTO x/x/2021

I was thinking this morning about how many folks post who purchased Tesla stuff, for the great price, and seem to have or are waiting forever to get installed and PTO. I stated my process with my installer in March. I elected to pay more since I wanted it installed before NEM3. So, 3 months later, final is approved, info off to PGE, and I am making 170 to 180 kwh per day. Did I pay extra for this speed, you bet ya. But, having the real time communications, and having it WORK, etc. is worth, to me, every penny. Helping a local company stay afloat. Now will see if this extra money pays off with them finding a way to get PTO on my 88 panels. :)

Well, I got mixed up with 2 issues and the edit feature went away. I just got this from SGIP

"Great news! We are delighted to let you know that this SGIP project has been approved for an incentive payment"

Said should have money within 20 business days. Since the guy who took the pictures said he would send in his report Monday evening, boy is this fast.

YEA, I get my money back!!!!! Only thing left is seeing the check. Sure glad under 30kw, since those over only get 50% up front and years more to get the rest.

SGIP approval 6/30/2021

• Love
Reactions: MJ_CA_2019
Not bad for June

june solar.JPG

Well, I got mixed up with 2 issues and the edit feature went away. I just got this from SGIP

"Great news! We are delighted to let you know that this SGIP project has been approved for an incentive payment"

Said should have money within 20 business days. Since the guy who took the pictures said he would send in his report Monday evening, boy is this fast.

YEA, I get my money back!!!!! Only thing left is seeing the check. Sure glad under 30kw, since those over only get 50% up front and years more to get the rest.

SGIP approval 6/30/2021
Well flip me I got mine too:
SGIP Reservation approval 11/16/2020
PTO 6/8/2021
SGIP ICF receipt 6/21/2021
SGIP ICF Approval 7/1/2021

no inspection, but I guess the installers would have provided their pictures

Reactions: h2ofun
Just got a message from the SGIP program saying

Congratulations again on the completion of your SGIP project! This letter serves to confirm that an incentive payment for SGIP project in the amount below has been issued.

Wow, this might be real fast

Lol niceeeee I think the SGIP people probably saw a lot of fraud in recent months so they're doing extra steps to make sure they pay people only when the system is 100% above board. But it's great to hear about yet another successful ESS incentive working out :)

Time to buy even more solar panels with the money? 🤔

Lol niceeeee I think the SGIP people probably saw a lot of fraud in recent months so they're doing extra steps to make sure they pay people only when the system is 100% above board. But it's great to hear about yet another successful ESS incentive working out :)

Time to buy even more solar panels with the money? 🤔
I already paid for money solar panels, just need PGE to approve or not sure what is going to happen.

Am shocked the check took one day

Do you have concerns running the full system before PTO? I have been debating this, since it's an addition to an existing solar array and have proper meter and NEM.
I had 15kw of panels installed a year ago. Ran for months before PTO. I got no credit for solar that got sent back, but at least was able to use.

Now we added. Installer left on. No concerns now since my meter is programmed correctly. Most folks I talk with have their solar on before PTO.

Reactions: jboy210 and brian.c
I just got my latest PGE bill and something is wrong. I have like a 184 charge 4/18/to 6/16, and have idea what is. Then the bill
is 82.02. Since the PDF is not ready, when I called PGE, they have no idea what is going on. Its like I am no longer getting nem2
credits at retail.

And it all seems to be related to the install of the batteries.

Anything I should be looking at?

Boy do these batteries with PGE add complexity. I had a true up in June. Great. But I just find out on May 10th they closed my "solar" account and changed me to the "battery" account. So I just got the bill for July which is the battery true up and even though I generated way more than I used, I have a bill to pay.
And nothing is in the bill from May forward. Am told will have to wait for the next bill, which will not have charts etc like I am used to, and will be different.
What a mess.

While on the phone with PGE, I asked about my new solar PTO status. I failed a few days ago because the application had not been paid. And they have some number messed up on the inverters. So until these are fixed, they will not continue the process to see if they approve me. Step by step

Boy do these batteries with PGE add complexity. I had a true up in June. Great. But I just find out on May 10th they closed my "solar" account and changed me to the "battery" account. So I just got the bill for July which is the battery true up and even though I generated way more than I used, I have a bill to pay.
And nothing is in the bill from May forward. Am told will have to wait for the next bill, which will not have charts etc like I am used to, and will be different.
What a mess.
When you say the "battery" account what does that mean? Did they make you choose a different rate plan or change your NEM accounting or something like that?