Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 battery install Lake of the Pines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is because you have solar and it was just a new true up because you had additions to your system.
When I was granted PTO for my batteries PG&E triggered a true up and started a new year with that new True Up date.

I received PTO for my PV system in June of 2019 and didn't get PTO for my battery system until August of 2020.
(They were installed separately but both in 2019... don't get me started on the SGIP / PTO timeline.)

I just got 3 bills in the mail relating to the change for solar only to nem paired storage with the batteries.

what was interesting to see is what happened from date i had new solar installed and turned on. still waiting for pto. i did not get credit for 1100 kwhs that sent back to grid. only gave me credit for their calculated amount. oh well.

Having fun playing with all this stuff.. I am amazed how much solar I am getting with so many of my panels not in an ideal setup. Since I have not heard about PTO from PGE, but have now seen the bill saying they disallowed a bunch, .....

I wonder if I could ever hit 5MWh in a month. Guess I will find out later in the year with the weather is cooler, but then the sun angle is worse.

solar.JPG

You might want to check your bill details to see how the export cap has been implemented. My recollection of reading the tariff was that if your monthly export limit based on the approved PV size was 100 kWh, and you export 100 kWh at Off-Peak, and a 100 kWh at Peak, you get credit only for 100 kWh at Off-Peak, not 100 kWh at Peak. But I've never looked at a bill that would show how it's been implemented.

So you might be leaving money on the table by exporting beyond your approved size, with some of the export Off-Peak. Which is of course crazy and unfair, but that's the way the tariff was written, if I recall.

Cheers, Wayne

You might want to check your bill details to see how the export cap has been implemented. My recollection of reading the tariff was that if your monthly export limit based on the approved PV size was 100 kWh, and you export 100 kWh at Off-Peak, and a 100 kWh at Peak, you get credit only for 100 kWh at Off-Peak, not 100 kWh at Peak. But I've never looked at a bill that would show how it's been implemented.

So you might be leaving money on the table by exporting beyond your approved size, with some of the export Off-Peak. Which is of course crazy and unfair, but that's the way the tariff was written, if I recall.

Cheers, Wayne
When I called to ask what was going on, I was told I needed to wait until the system catches up to be able to get answers. So, need step will be in a few weeks.

With that being said, I am exporting max at peak, since running 100% batteries. I export a lot off peak since once the batteries are 100% charged, it has to go somewhere. I have kicked my AC way down, etc to use as much as possible, but. And since my objective is to bank NEM credits for the winter so I can be warm next year, ....

Bottom line is I need to get all my PV approved, waiting for my PTO. If that does not get approved, I have no idea what is going to happen.

So, I just try to post what is going on to maybe help others.

Thanks

@h2ofun I just saw a Reuters article published today showing a photo from 8/4 with smoke from wildfire near Lake of the Pines (photo 5/5). Is that the River Fire? Thinking of you and hope you stay safe.

Last edited:
@h2ofun I just saw a Reuters article published today showing a photo from 8/4 with smoke from wildfire near Lake of the Pines (photo 5/5). Is that the River Fire? Thinking of you and hope you stay safe.

Yes, this fire is just a few miles from us. My duaghter and family live in colfax and were evacuation. They, and animals, are in our house tonight. Hoping for positive news this morning. Puts "issues" in perspective.

• Love
Reactions: SMAlset
Yes, this fire is just a few miles from us. My duaghter and family live in colfax and were evacuation. They, and animals, are in our house tonight. Hoping for positive news this morning. Puts "issues" in perspective.
I hope that things improve and that you stay safe. Wind and zero percent containment is never a good combination.

FWIW: speaking from experience, evacuating takes awhile, so I would recommend packing your go bags (with documents and backups) now, while there isn't any huge rush. Evac map.

All the best,

BG

I hope that things improve and that you stay safe. Wind and zero percent containment is never a good combination.

FWIW: speaking from experience, evacuating takes awhile, so I would recommend packing your go bags (with documents and backups) now, while there isn't any huge rush. Evac map.

All the best,

BG
We have dealt with this for many years, and most of us, me included, do not have our go bags really ready! The dixie fire destruction with leveling greenville yesterday is just amazing.

Hope they can keep the fire away from all of you. Tough job they have. Last year while we were having our installation done one of the Lightning fires came about 13 miles to us and some homes were being evacd out of caution. Thankfully winds changed directions but that was an interesting restless night that as you indicated gives focus. All the best, stay safe.

Saw that it grew 1000 acres overnight but headed northward. Air quality sucks but guess everyone has masks to wear thanks to covid.
54760A5D-2704-4F81-A9B4-BD4369730E56.png

Last edited:
Hope they can keep the fire away from all of you. Tough job they have. Last year while we were having our installation done one of the Lightning fires came about 13 miles to us and some homes were being evacd out of caution. Thankfully winds changed directions but that was an interesting restless night that as you indicated gives focus. All the best, stay safe.

Saw that it grew 1000 acres overnight but headed northward. Air quality sucks but guess everyone has masks to wear thanks to covid.
View attachment 692434
Its like 2400 acres now. Air quality this morning was terrible at 200, but wind now out of the west some so back to 32.
Current assumption is fire started from some kids playing around.

The dixie fire and how it destroyed the town of greenville last night is just amazing.