Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 battery install Lake of the Pines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw noon news and they said Dixie Fire took out town of 800 homes in Greenville in 3 hrs with little time for people to grab and evacuate. Did notice your air quality there improved with shift in winds but we know all can change quickly. Make it through this and you’ll need those panels cleaned. Ours were pretty “dusty” last year and ours had just been put up. Sadly we’re only in early August. And don’t think you’ve gotten PTO yet if I read updates correctly.

BTW it took a month or two once we got PTO to get the billing with our NEM changes caught up. Our Blue bill and our B&W bill (we have SVCE for generation) unfortunately don’t use the same cut off dates if I remember correctly. We also have two different true-ups, one from PG&E and one from SCVE. Nothing like making it harder to compare things. No PG&E electricity bill except for monthly required charge.

Last edited:
Just saw noon news and they said Dixie Fire took out town of 800 homes in Greenville in 3 hrs with little time for people to grab and evacuate. Did notice your air quality there improved with shift in winds but we know all can change quickly. Make it through this and you’ll need those panels cleaned. Ours were pretty “dusty” last year and ours had just been put up. Sadly we’re only in early August. And don’t think you’ve gotten PTO yet if I read updates correctly.

BTW it took a month or two once we got PTO to get the billing with our NEM changes caught up. Our Blue bill and our B&W bill (we have SVCE for generation) unfortunately don’t use the same cut off dates if I remember correctly. We also have two different true-ups, one from PG&E and one from SCVE. Nothing like making it harder to compare things. No PG&E electricity bill except for monthly required charge.
Yep, no status on PTO yet. I just figured why ask, when there is status, there will be status.

I have a purple air sensor on my house.

I also have a davis sensor

Yep, billing clarity is going to take months.

I just got my PTO for 30KW of solar panels on a 3300 sq foot home! I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have a house with 90 panels, 30kw, 5 powerwalls, 25kw, 22kw generator! I never need PGE. All I can say is if you think outside the box,
and get lucky, one can get things that are impossible to get approved! Now time to look into offering folks FREE EV charging since I have more power that I ever can use!!

Reactions: morph3ous
This is what I got from PGE on my PTO approval. What does the 47.786kw mean? I have 30kw of panels. 1 inverters can put out
22.8kw max. And how will this get calculated per month max. Last month, which will be largest, was 4800 kwh

Total Effective Inverter Nameplate Rating: 47.786 kW

Inverter - External: 1x SolarEdge Technologies Ltd. - SE11400H-US [240V][SI1-JUN20]
PV Panels: 32x Silfab Solar Inc - SLA310M
PV Panels: 13x Hanwha Q CELLS - Q.PEAK DUO-G8+ 350
Inverter - Incorporated: 3x Tesla Inc. - AC Powerwall 2 1092170-XX-Y [240V] [SI1-JUN20] + Gateway 1118431-XX-X [CRD PCS]
Inverter - Incorporated: 2x Tesla Inc. - AC Powerwall 2 1092170-XX-Y [240V] [SI1-JUN20] + Gateway 1118431-XX-X [CRD PCS]
Inverter - External: 1x SolarEdge Technologies Ltd. - SE11400H-US [240V][SI1-JUN20]
PV Panels: 15x Silfab Solar Inc - SLA310M
PV Panels: 28x Hanwha Q CELLS - Q.PEAK DUO-G8+ 350

I guess the 25k powerwall + 22.8k inverters add up to 47.8k ish?
Had not thought about that, but since we cannot export powerwalls back, unless Tesla changes stuff, but, if did, would be technically possible.

What I am real interested in is what the KWH per month they will allow, since they cut me off my 1100 last month when the extra panels were not approved.

Had not thought about that, but since we cannot export powerwalls back, unless Tesla changes stuff, but, if did, would be technically possible.

What I am real interested in is what the KWH per month they will allow, since they cut me off my 1100 last month when the extra panels were not approved.

well Tesla have the VPP in CA now, so theoretically if its 12 noon sunny and both inverters and pw are outputting to grid at the same time you may hit that high spec wise? :D

can your honeywell work in grid tied mode? or work at the same time in off-grid mode with solar/PWs?

Was interesting talking to PGE today. Anytime you change something on your "contract", you get a new true up. I hit 12 months on solar, true up. I put in batteries, a true up which was before the first true up. And now with more panels, another true up. So all the max solar during the peak months is, well, gone :(

Was interesting talking to PGE today. Anytime you change something on your "contract", you get a new true up. I hit 12 months on solar, true up. I put in batteries, a true up which was before the first true up. And now with more panels, another true up. So all the max solar during the peak months is, well, gone :(
My only complaint on that is that they can't do the true up on the first of the month. I'd like my reports to match theirs slightly...

But at least now your allowable export calculation will be right sized.

My only complaint on that is that they can't do the true up on the first of the month. I'd like my reports to match theirs slightly...

But at least now your allowable export calculation will be right sized.
He told me it would be but, since I have not see anywhere it shows you, unless you go over.

Is the allowable export the same per month? Can one calculate it? He made some comment about shading, but I did not press him.
Is the number assuming 100% best conditions? Has anyone felt they were not allowed the amount they should be?

He told me it would be but, since I have not see anywhere it shows you, unless you go over.

Is the allowable export the same per month? Can one calculate it? He made some comment about shading, but I did not press him.
Is the number assuming 100% best conditions? Has anyone felt they were not allowed the amount they should be?

Allowable export is vastly higher than I have ever exported, because my house uses power. :p
I believe it's based on pvwatts estimates for your address.

Well... exactly :) I was going to say the purpose of the estimate is to prevent people from getting PTO with a small PV system and then adding lots of extra panels.. haha but we all knew you were trying to get PTO and not trying to pull a fast one
When I was talking to the PGE supervisor, and I said I knew one could not get credit until PTO, I did comment I have heard of folks who got their panel numbers messed up and were not having much luck fixing. He did not say anything back.

The main reason I called was to see if I was getting another true up. I guess August is pretty good since I will be able to see how much I used in Winter, and if I need to reduce to give PGE more, doing this with max production, and adjusting my AC some, would be perfect.

But yep, folks who think they could add a large number of panels and get more credit, nope, they know. :)