Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about 345 kw p/m. Maybe I aught to slow it down but I just can't help myself. I have already hit 100 mph 3 times in a week. It's a fun driving car and I have not needed to conserve as of yet

I am averaging 275 it seems.

I drive like such a grandpa protecting this beauty but I have opened it up to get into spots on the highway for passing or on ramps and it makes me smile every single time.

The single pedal driving is the biggest change for me after some adjustment and shutting off creep mode which felt too artificial and I wanted that true regen experience.

I'm used to driving automatics (in UK, very few cars are automatic!) so I'll probably keep creep mode on, depending how it impact the regen. I actually taught myself to left-foot brake and tend to just do that as a matter of course now.

I live in a very hilly area of the UK so I'll be posting some YT videos about the car's performance on the hills. I am especially looking forward to driving it up and down Winnats Pass (Winnats Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) a few miles from here. That should max out the regen without a problem....1 in 3.5....!

Reactions: GSP
I'm used to driving automatics (in UK, very few cars are automatic!) so I'll probably keep creep mode on, depending how it impact the regen. I actually taught myself to left-foot brake and tend to just do that as a matter of course now.

I live in a very hilly area of the UK so I'll be posting some YT videos about the car's performance on the hills. I am especially looking forward to driving it up and down Winnats Pass (Winnats Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) a few miles from here. That should max out the regen without a problem....1 in 3.5....!

Hoping to take new S75D to Hebden Bridge next week or so if delivered on time. Lovely driving through that area up towards and through Holmfirth.

I am averaging 275 it seems.

I drive like such a grandpa protecting this beauty but I have opened it up to get into spots on the highway for passing or on ramps and it makes me smile every single time.

The single pedal driving is the biggest change for me after some adjustment and shutting off creep mode which felt too artificial and I wanted that true regen experience.
I am TRYING to baby my S as well but something just comes over me and I hit it!
I am keeping that creep mode off. I want full immersion into the EV experience, why creep? Looking forward to taking the Pope upstate later today and do some mountain driving, interstate AP etc.........

- No cell phone integration what so ever. No joke. You actually have to stream using blue tooth and press the buttons on your phone if you want to play a song or play list etc.

I am puzzled. Maybe it depends upon the phone. I use a 1st gen Moto X (released in 2013, so fairly old) and I find cell phone integration on Model S awesome. When I walk into the car, cell phone connects automatically. Now if I want to play music on the phone, I switch to my phone as input on the media player on the big screen. My phone launches music player on it automatically and I can not only play/FWD/REV from the big screen and steering wheel buttons, I even get all the artist/album/song information on the big screen along with album art. This works for music stored on the phone or music streamed from google music, amazon prime or pandora. I have to touch the phone only if I want to switch the music source.

Any incoming calls are of course announced and I can take the call without ever touching the phone. If a text message comes in, any music playing is paused and not only the sender is announced on the car speakers, it even reads out the text message. I can then reply to the message just by speaking, no need to touch the phone.

I can also touch the microphone in google search bar on the phone to initiate any voice search which automatically pauses/mutes any music playing (even slacker or FM radio). It then records using car microphone. I can ask questions like how long will it take to drive to the airport, or what is the weather like tomorrow and the answer is read out on the car speakers. After that it goes back to playing music. I have to touch the phone initially to initiate this and after that it is all voice driven.

IMO cell phone integration in Model S is awesome. Just a different experience than yours.

I am puzzled. Maybe it depends upon the phone. I use a 1st gen Moto X (released in 2013, so fairly old) and I find cell phone integration on Model S awesome. When I walk into the car, cell phone connects automatically. Now if I want to play music on the phone, I switch to my phone as input on the media player on the big screen. My phone launches music player on it automatically and I can not only play/FWD/REV from the big screen and steering wheel buttons, I even get all the artist/album/song information on the big screen along with album art. This works for music stored on the phone or music streamed from google music, amazon prime or pandora. I have to touch the phone only if I want to switch the music source.

Any incoming calls are of course announced and I can take the call without ever touching the phone. If a text message comes in, any music playing is paused and not only the sender is announced on the car speakers, it even reads out the text message. I can then reply to the message just by speaking, no need to touch the phone.

I can also touch the microphone in google search bar on the phone to initiate any voice search which automatically pauses/mutes any music playing (even slacker or FM radio). It then records using car microphone. I can ask questions like how long will it take to drive to the airport, or what is the weather like tomorrow and the answer is read out on the car speakers. After that it goes back to playing music. I have to touch the phone initially to initiate this and after that it is all voice driven.

IMO cell phone integration in Model S is awesome. Just a different experience than yours.

Hmm, I'll play around with the phone a little more and see if I missed something

Going on my first road trip to visit my sister in Havre de Grace. Charged up to 95% and have 237 miles of rated range. I should be able to do this round trip without charging as it is 91 miles +/-.

My back up is that there is a Chargepoint lol 2 charger on APG if I have range anxiety after getting there. (Most likely lol)

That Maryland House SC would really be nice.

Hmm, I'll play around with the phone a little more and see if I missed something

Gaithersburg to Harve de Grace to North East to Harve de Grace to North East to Gaithersburg.

Started with 237 miles and parked at home with 45 miles. Autopilot almost the entire drive. For the most part autopilot was great with a couple confused moments not including shutting off for five minutes when I came out of the tunnel on the way there. Didn't happen on the way home.

All in all the car performed fabulously!

Reactions: SSD420