TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

5 Seat fold Flat second seat.

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by cookielovers, Nov 4, 2016.

1. cookielovers

cookielovers Member

Is it me or is the fold flat second seat a bit lame. If only the back of the seat folds flat then it just adds space by pilling stuff on the seat. Perhaps the pictures on line just don't demonstrate the feature right but in all my cars this has allways been done better than this.

2. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

I had the same thought, does look slightly basic to say the least but better than being in a fixed position I guess??

3. cookielovers

cookielovers Member

I am not sure tan I guess we are also working of some pretty basic pictures it which doesn't help.
    My personal thoughts were it's a shame we can fold the existing seats down, but then on the other hand I really like the existing rear seats and so di my family. The six seat version I ordered is the perfect configuration in my view but as we all know there are times when it's useful to take advantage of such a large interior. I will use mine for business purposes transporting organised tools etc which I think I can just get in with the space provided folding seats which folded forward would have been useful but I think it's such a lovely car I don't really want to treat it like a van. I think I might invest in a small trailer for those time I need just that little more space. If the seats are as per the pictures then it's very basic and I doubt particularly comfortable over a long distance I wonder if they represent the quality you would expect for such a high value car. I can't help thinking tesla just did this to finally complete the 5 seat orders but if they don't cut the mustard then the backlash could well undermine what is an amazing car and I just can't wait to get my 6 seater

• Like x 1
  4. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Dunno if it helps answer your question, but in case of interest here is Bjorn comparing the "cargo space" of Model S and Model X