Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 Seat Raven HVAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have seen many posts about early 5 seaters having inadequate A/C for the back seat. Have only seen one post from a Raven 5 seater who said A/C was good for the back seat. Has anybody identified a change to the HVAC associated with Raven? I only need 5 seat but have thought of spending extra for 6 or 7 as I live in Florida.

Our 2018 MX 5 seat has perfectly fine A/C coverage in the back. I am constantly asking folks who are in the back if they are getting good cooling/venting and everyone says it’s great.

So... I think you all need to remember that for a lot of the trouble stories here, most are probably edge cases involving faulty equipment or involve “other factors.”

Besides, the new Model Xs don’t have any different HVAC systems than the 2018s, at least that I’m aware of. Correct me if I’m wrong?

My understanding is that all versions of the X have the same compressor - the 6 & 7 seat add another evaporator coil and fan. The second evaporator is probably more for distribution rather than extra capacity. I have a 5 seat in Las Vegas, so far no issue but LV has little humidity.

The compressor should be sized for the dual HVAC system. The single system will provide less cooling due to only having one evaporator and the compressor will run with less load.