Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5-seater AC in Alabama/Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 6-seater, Central Florida.

@Yosry above mentioned tinting....helps immensely.

I have to leave my X out in the direct sun while parked at my office. I made it through all of last summer. It helps to go on the app and turn on climate a couple of minutes before I walk out to the car, but even if I forget to do that the AC still works ok...not great, but ok.

Tint them windows.

Simple answer, if you live somewhere hot, buy the 6 or 7 seater. There are TONS of threads about this subject and the fact that you get better cooling and heating for the rear passengers with the 6/7 seat configuration.

I researched this subject heavily and ultimately decided on buying the 7 seat configuration. Keeps my 3 year old and my dogs cooler.

Reactions: mswlogo
I don't live there, but I have a 5-seater X and we drove through the south last summer. We had a lot of horrible hot weather and the AC was just fine. We are definitely not hot weather people, but we were very comfortable in the car and it didn't seem to be working overtime.

I will note, though, that was just my wife and I so we were only in the front seats. Maybe it was hotter in the rear, but I can't imagine it being terribly different especially with that big windshield up front. We did put on the mesh cover for the upper portion of the windshield. And we do have heat shield window covers for when we are parked in the sun.

But if you are concerned, a 7 seater will get you almost the same cargo space with even stronger cooling and more seating options.

Last edited: